Premed 101 Forums

McMaster's Life Science

sadeghi94

I am currently in grade 12 and I'm going to apply for McMaster's life science program. I currently have a 88 average (which will most likely be brought up), along with volunteer experience from a hospital, pet hospital, and a community centre. However, I don't have a lot of in school activities and my grade 11 marks were not that high (mid 80s). What are the chances that I will get accepted to the life sciences program?

Thanks!

I am currently in grade 12 and I'm going to apply for McMaster's life science program. I currently have a 88 average (which will most likely be brought up), along with volunteer experience from a hospital, pet hospital, and a community centre. However, I don't have a lot of in school activities and my grade 11 marks were not that high (mid 80s). What are the chances that I will get accepted to the life sciences program?

Thanks!

I would say you have nothing to worry about. Your volunteer activities won't really help you unless you are just meeting the cutoffs, which at that point they might consider your ECs. I hope that helps :)

ya you are almost borderline..don't worry about extra curriculars, with so many applicants they couldnt care less about what you do with your free time :P i dont remember there being any supplementary application for the life sci program..just focus on the grades. i know that i had an 89 and got an offer in february, while my friend with an 88 didnt get one until one of the later rounds (and its much nicer to not have to worry)

then again, none of this matters since western is the superior university ;)

ya you are almost borderline..don't worry about extra curriculars, with so many applicants they couldnt care less about what you do with your free time :P i dont remember there being any supplementary application for the life sci program..just focus on the grades. i know that i had an 89 and got an offer in february, while my friend with an 88 didnt get one until one of the later rounds (and its much nicer to not have to worry)

then again, none of this matters since western is the superior university ;)

Holy ****, the cutoffs for mac have life sci have gone up so much since I was in g. 12. I think it was 82 back in 2005.

And I agree with the bolded part. As a mac grad, I wish I went to UWO.

Holy ****, the cutoffs for mac have life sci have gone up so much since I was in g. 12. I think it was 82 back in 2005.

And I agree with the bolded part. As a mac grad, I wish I went to UWO.

What's the difference between the program at UWO and McMasters that makes it "superior"?

I guess it's just personal preference. They're both good programs. UWO is a bigger school, and offers wider array of courses. Plus there are many more specializations that you can pick from at UWO.

What's the difference between the program at UWO and McMasters that makes it "superior"?

Archived