Premed 101 Forums

carms application help

how far back should we go for volunteering, awards etc? i mean i don't think there's a point in putting in grade 8 math award is there? but lots of ppl in my class are putting in everything.

Yeah, that is going to take me forever if I have to go back that far!

Out of curiosity how long does filling out all that paperwork for CaRMS take? When can you actually start?

Out of curiosity how long does filling out all that paperwork for CaRMS take? When can you actually start?

I don't know what you mean by paperwork ( I assume that it doesn't include motivation letters, CVs, letters to your referees). The pure paperwork took me less than 90 minutes.

I don't know what you mean by paperwork ( I assume that it doesn't include motivation letters, CVs, letters to your referees). The pure paperwork took me less than 90 minutes.

well yeah I am including the CV, letters I have to write etc. To start with if I had to list everything I did since the start of undergrad it is going to be awhile :)

Just see how early along I should be working on all of this I guess.

well yeah I am including the CV, letters I have to write etc. To start with if I had to list everything I did since the start of undergrad it is going to be awhile :)

Just see how early along I should be working on all of this I guess.

In my case, over 30 hours, including running around to catch the referees. You should start thinking about what to say in your personal statement over the summer before your senior clerkship year. I wouldn't start anything else before mid september.

how far back should we go for volunteering, awards etc? i mean i don't think there's a point in putting in grade 8 math award is there? but lots of ppl in my class are putting in everything.

Unless it's something very interesting/significant, stick to post-secondary years. No grade 8 math awards.

Archived