Premed 101 Forums

Where do you study?

IamIDP

In my first year I would study literally on my bed and it worked for me academically. However, I'm starting to get pain in my feet this year (2nd year) and sometimes I can only study on my bed for 15min-30min max without getting up to take break due to the pain...should I stop studying this way??

Is anyone in a similar situation as me?

And anyone have any tips where to study?

In my first year I would study literally on my bed and it worked for me academically. However, I'm starting to get pain in my feet this year (2nd year) and sometimes I can only study on my bed for 15min-30min max without getting up to take break due to the pain...should I stop studying this way??

Is anyone in a similar situation as me?

And anyone have any tips where to study?

If I study on my bed, I go to bed. That or I get sleepy and don't retain info as well.

I study at a desk, lol! In my room or at the library. Sooooometimes if the class is fun/easy I'll study in the kitchen.

I love the couch in my living room and do most of it there. I hate going all the way to the school library from my house to study, I feel like I'm trapped and I can't leave! I like to study for a little while, go putter around the house, come back to study, putter and so on. However for study groups I love the school library, since I don't really want to leave until I'm finished anyway, and our school has a brand spanking new library with huuuuuge ceilings and windows and it's generally a nice place to be :) It depends what you like.

To the OP, it sounds like studying is bed is obviously not an option for you anymore (could it be circulation problems? Sitting with heavy textbooks on your lap that could be compressing the nerves in your legs? What kind of pain is it?). See what happens sitting up on the couch or a hard-backed chair!

I studied on my bed for all of first and second year and probably took twice as long to get everything done cause I'd always fall asleep LOL. What I do now is go to the library when I need to read a textbook or work on assignments/essays, and then come 'study' time the day before an exam I sit on my bed. I talk out loud when studying so I don't think doing that in a public place would be a good idea...and I require silence when trying to memorize/learn something well.

that is EXACTLY how I do it! :P

I need to vary my places of study, else I get bored.

Usually, I study on my desk in my room. But I live in a basement where there's not much sunlight, so sometimes I'll go study in the library or an empty classroom.

If I feel social, I study in a cafe and invite a few friends.

If the class is very easy or if the readings are optionnal, I study in the kitchen, while cooking or eating, or in my living room watching hockey :D

lol, not when u talk to random people because studying's boring

The best way for me is the library. If i study on my bed either i get really sleepy or distracted. However in the library i can get a lot of studying done and use my time wisely coz there is nothing else to do

I study in the washroom :D

I study in the couch with the coffee table in front, library, DINING TABLE and just in some places around the campus with a table and a chair. I still do study in my bed but I know how bad this idea is. It's very tempting. Oftentimes I tell myself I'll just take a 30 min nap and go back to studying after, 30 min becomes an hour, and then it becomes 2 and so on until I just can't help myself from becoming too sleepy to study. Rule for me, never study in the bed.

Archived