Premed 101 Forums

anonymous?

i don't think name matters. don't they see our names at the beginning under applicant info anyways?

sorry, don't mean to thread hijack, but has anyone's MCAT scores already appeared on the application status section? if so, why is it a number out of 15? i thought the weighting of the MCAT was out of 10?

...does it matter if they see your name? :confused: Like the above poster said, I don't think they care unless it's a funny one...and it that case they'd probably laugh and move on.

yup, funny, extremely ethnic, all consonants haha just wondering since to some extent 70% of our file is subjectively reviewed

what if my name was Jane and file reviewer #2's ex-wife was named Jane? for example :)

i don't think name matters. don't they see our names at the beginning under applicant info anyways?

sorry, don't mean to thread hijack, but has anyone's MCAT scores already appeared on the application status section? if so, why is it a number out of 15? i thought the weighting of the MCAT was out of 10?

That was what I was wondering as well..

I had a 9 in verbal reasoning but they list it as: Value "8" and Weight "15".

My thought was shouldn't they list the MCAT value as a 9 rather than an 8? (makes more sense to me!!)

However, I am just speculating since I have no knowledge of how they come up with those numbers or what they mean exactly.

How has other peoples MCAT stats came up after being verified? It would be good to know, before I try emailing admissions.

yup, funny, extremely ethnic, all consonants haha just wondering since to some extent 70% of our file is subjectively reviewed

what if my name was Jane and file reviewer #2's ex-wife was named Jane? for example :)

self answered - there are four file reviewers so even if scores from someone are lower for w/e reason they will balance out

That was what I was wondering as well..

I had a 9 in verbal reasoning but they list it as: Value "8" and Weight "15".

My thought was shouldn't they list the MCAT value as a 9 rather than an 8? (makes more sense to me!!)

However, I am just speculating since I have no knowledge of how they come up with those numbers or what they mean exactly.

How has other peoples MCAT stats came up after being verified? It would be good to know, before I try emailing admissions.

I think you are looking at your scores from last year. Below the MCAT status is your scores for previous application cycles. They used to weight MCAT out of 15 based on your total MCAT score.

Archived