Premed 101 Forums

Mcmaster Email

Ok so I checked the letter I received, and it was from OMSAS, the grades verification. So, this letter from Mac is different? I must not have received it yet, because there is no word of geographical status/interview dates on the letter I have from OMSAS - well, nothing specific to Mac at all.

It's two separate letters - a verification report from OMSAS, and a letter from McMaster confirming your geographical status/interview dates.

Slightly stressed question, I received the OMSAS verification letter today and it showed that a referee hadn't submitted their LOR by november 11th, I immediately contacted the referee (who had assured me several times that the letter would be sent in soon, but I am working in northern Alberta so have had limited contact with him) and he said he had forgotten and overnighted it on monday (the 28th of november!) any thoughts on this being a disqualifying issue? Any rays of hope from people who have had letters of reference come in very late?

Slightly stressed question, I received the OMSAS verification letter today and it showed that a referee hadn't submitted their LOR by november 11th, I immediately contacted the referee (who had assured me several times that the letter would be sent in soon, but I am working in northern Alberta so have had limited contact with him) and he said he had forgotten and overnighted it on monday (the 28th of november!) any thoughts on this being a disqualifying issue? Any rays of hope from people who have had letters of reference come in very late?

Hey - I would advise you to check online via the OMSAS website and logging in. Late reference letters do lead to disqualification. If it's not in by then, I think you should contact your referee ASAP and fax it in while express ship it at the same time.

Good luck!

Thanks for the quick reply Phear8, I just checked and everything has been received. McMaster is the only OMSAS school I applied to and I've been treating them like all the other individual schools I applied to and had been thinking of dealing with them directly without giving a passing thought to OMSAS. Crisis averted, back to waiting for interviews.

• 3 weeks later...
I just want to confirm that we have until tomorrow to make any corrections ie: geographic status and GPA? Everything was correct with my Mac letter and I haven't responded...and now that letter has gotten lost in a holiday shuffle and I'm worried I misread it. Thanks!

You're fine. You only need to respond if either your geographical status was incorrect, or you couldn't attend one of the interview dates listed.

EDIT: Also, if you'll be out of the country and want to designate someone else to communicate with McMaster on your behalf.

Archived