Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

Are you a Yorkie?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you guys serious? Pretty ignorant of you to fail to see why ableism can be just as pressing of a matter as other forms of discrimination, especially in healthcare.   It hurts me to see that a nu

LMAO  

lmao

Posted Images

Apparently they reached an agreement: 

12662684_10154007640404954_3007241852811

To be clear, a tentative agreement. It will be distributed to the members of YUFA for ratification votes. It seems the Executive Team is heavily in favor of the new deal from the e-mail that was distributed earlier today. I am not sure if there are any rifts between the members and the executives nor am I sure if both of their visions and demands are aligned but if all goes well, then there should not be a strike.

I am however, very interested to know what the negotiations were like and the demands on both sides of the table. It seems that these meetings are much less transparent than the CUPE ones and nobody except for the professors has insight on what YUFA and York were demanding. Everything I've heard so far has been hearsay so far in terms of the details of the negotiations.

I will speak to my statistics professor tomorrow to see if he is willing to share any details but I assume that negotiation debriefs are a very touchy subject to discuss with just an undergraduate student so don't hold me to anything. Also, we have midterms and reading week so who gives a shit as long as they're not striking?

• 2 months later...

Is anyone familiar with the KinKids program run by Belcastro? I saw it a couple of years back and thought the concept was really interesting. I was wondering if anyone knew if students are involved in the research and analysis of the data, or are they mostly just delivering the program now?

• 5 weeks later...