Premed 101 Forums

UofT Interview discussion - 2012

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those who live further away from Toronto (i.e. Albertans, etc) will usually receive the acceptance news later due to considerations for traveling time, so don't freak out if you don't hear anything this week.

Wait I don't get it... shouldn't they invite these people earlier (if possible) to give them more time to prepare for travelling?

Those who live further away from Toronto (i.e. Albertans, etc) will usually receive the acceptance news later due to considerations for traveling time, so don't freak out if you don't hear anything this week.

The acceptance news doesn't come later.

The acceptance news comes at the same time as anyone else but the interview date assigned to them is later.

Invite came in today. Very surprised. Just confirming that it is just a 2 on 1 interview or two 1-on-1 interviews?

Also, are med classes in downtown, or the Mississauga campus as mentioned in the email?

Its supposed to be one med student and one faculty member interviews you so its 2 on 1.

The acceptance news doesn't come later.

The acceptance news comes at the same time as anyone else but the interview date assigned to them is later.

Last year there were two batches of acceptance if I recall correctly. I was invited near end of Feb as a grad applicant while others heard back in January. I suppose I got the later news because of my grad status, not geographic location.

You should calm down. It looks like interviews went out for the first weekend (Feb 18-19). There are a total of 9 interview days and 550 projected interviewees. If you do the calculation, that should give about 60 interviewees/day or 120 interviews handed out yesterday (I have not taken into account half-day interviews). If Deborah sends the same number of rejections as last year (1100), you will have 1780 applicants remaining from a pool of 3000 initial applicants. These 1780 applicants have their fingers crossed for a remaining 430 interview spots (430/1780) = ~25% chance of an interview post-first batch of rejections. 1 in 4 of us will receive an interview if we survive the impending Coombs massacre. Sounds pretty good, right?

I've been so calm up to this point and not really stressing, but now that I know that they've started rolling out I'm just a giant ball of stress...just reject me now, stop making me wait!

Archived