Premed 101 Forums

Swung by Mac Admission Office today

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the worst part of it all is that everyone ELSE keeps asking me about it... it just intensifies the pressure and I can't bear to imagine having to deal with their condolences...

I tell people "I might get something this week" when they ask, which eventually turns into "I might get something next week", and subsequent repeats... wish some schools (i.e. Mac, Queen's) could improve communication to applicants like Toronto and Western...

Everytime I call my mother the first words she speaks are "Sooo did you hear anything yet?"

Omg, every time! As if Im going to forget to mention that part..... if I had heard I would be squealing with joy into the phone the moment you picked up...thats how you will know mom!

I tell people "I might get something this week" when they ask, which eventually turns into "I might get something next week", and subsequent repeats... wish some schools (i.e. Mac, Queen's) could improve communication to applicants like Toronto and Western...

being a UG at Queen's, I know they are slow with evvvverything

My parents/family have NO CLUE I applied for meds....so if I get an acceptance they are going to be totally totally shocked :D

I'm so excited for hopefully invites this week!!

I told them that I got rejected already.

They are going to be so excited if they find out that I completely lied.

You guys are so smart :/ I wish I hadn't told anyone I was even thinking of going for medicine.. That is the advice I would give to someone in Grade 12. Whenever I see extended family/in-laws/friends I haven't seen for a while then this is what you are always asked about.. It is nice because they are interested, at the same time, I think I have had to explain how admissions system works like 3 times to the same person before.. And you also get some people who already think you are studying to be a doctor. On top of that is all the pressure to actually get in now that you've told everyone you are going for it :/ Anyways, waiting with anticipation for Mac invites.

You guys are so smart :/ I wish I hadn't told anyone I was even thinking of going for medicine.. That is the advice I would give to someone in Grade 12. Whenever I see extended family/in-laws/friends I haven't seen for a while then this is what you are always asked about.. It is nice because they are interested, at the same time, I think I have had to explain how admissions system works like 3 times to the same person before.. And you also get some people who already think you are studying to be a doctor. On top of that is all the pressure to actually get in now that you've told everyone you are going for it :/ Anyways, waiting with anticipation for Mac invites.

What until you get in and have to explain CARMS, residency and fellowships as well :) They don't get any of that it seems - I have had to explain it to my mother 3 times already and I still don't think I am getting through. There just isn't a lot of other things to related to I guess.

oh only reason I told my parents even in August was because my brother blurted it out at my cousins wedding. He had a little too much to drink. I was hoping to spring white coat on them as a surprise :)

Now THAT is something to tell the grandkids about.

I would NOT have the guts to spring white coat on my parents.

You have my props sir.

To try and ease my anxiety I went and stalked last year's invite thread....*warning*does not actually lower anxiety!!*warning* :P

It seems the lowest gpa invite was ~3.45 with a 13 in verbal....I am now praying so hard for an invite considering a 3.33 and 14 (stupid first year...grumble...) I didn't even see anyone there post with below that ~3.5 GPA.

Wish the emails would just be sent already.

Archived