Premed 101 Forums

Swung by Mac Admission Office today

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it was about 50. If I recall Mac interviews about 500 people and 10% of those spots are for OOP.

Sadly, that's not quite right. Mac reserves 90% of its interviews for in-province. Which means that 10% are up for grabs, for both in-province and OOP applicants. As a US applicant, I am sickly aware of the distinction. :(

... Now let's guess times.... I say 11:00

Just because you said that, I was totally counting on it :D Sadly, this does not appear to be the case! I am desperately trying to study for a test, and I cannot keep away from my email and this forum for more than 20 minutes at a time! :)

Can someone that goes to mac go ask someone in the admissions office if e-mails are being sent out today, if not I fear that this is going to be an extremely unproductive day for most of us. thanks.

Damn right.

Except... I'm too chicken to do it.

Can someone with you-know-whats please call them?

It's 11:30 and I'm tired of checking my e-mail every 10 seconds even though I ALREADY have an iPhone. Every time conversation swells in class, I say to myself - THIS IS IT! But alas, only e-mails from my university offering MSc programs - how fitting.

Funny story - just found out why there was a swell in conversation in class.... U of T... REJJEECCCTTIIIONNSSSSS

Hey,

I called McMaster and the admissions lady told me that they will be sending invites/rejections by the next week or two. If someone wants to confirm, please call them again.

Is this a joke? (sarcasm) I'm going to be so sad if it is in two weeks. :(

WHY WONT THEY JUST KILL OUR DREAMS NOW?! lol. just kidding :)

PS Tangy - props for actually making the call. This is how the President must feel.

Hey,

I called McMaster and the admissions lady told me that they will be sending invites/rejections by the next week or two. If someone wants to confirm, please call them again.

Oy! Not so cool. I have to confirm my interview date with NOSM by Feb. 8. The date they've assigned me just happens to be one of Mac's proposed dates. I guess I will just confirm and hope Mac (if I get an interview) doesn't put me on the same weekend :P

Really though... I don't think my nerves can take another two weeks of this :eek:

Oy! Not so cool. I have to confirm my interview date with NOSM by Feb. 8. The date they've assigned me just happens to be one of Mac's proposed dates. I guess I will just confirm and hope Mac (if I get an interview) doesn't put me on the same weekend :P

Really though... I don't think my nerves can take another two weeks of this :eek:

OK honestly that's really unfair to you. It's got to be out before Feburary 8; surely, someone in their office has noticed these inherent issues.

Hey,

-.-"

Two weeks from now?.......................

I've passed the point of anxiety. Now I'm just going about my day and occasionally checking my mail. It's almost as though I don't care anymore

They just said "by the next week or two", not "next week or the week after". I don't think it means much other than they're not going to tell us exactly when, but they'll send them when they're ready. At this point I'm sure they're tired of people calling/asking when they will go out, so they just give a vague estimation since that's easier.

I called the McMaster Admissions office, as I am going to be away from my mailbox for the next two weeks and was wondering whether they would be sending invitation invites via e-mail, or snail mail.

They told me that they will be sending the invitations for interview (and eventually the letters of acceptance) via snail mail. They told me the expect to have them mailed out in the next two or three days.

Archived