Premed 101 Forums

Acceptances at US and Canada schools

jawn_doe

I have my acceptance at UK and they need to see proof of funds by May 1, and final day to accept is May 15.

I got an interview for U of T the other day and OMSAS says that acceptances are sent out May 15. Is it still possible to refuse UK if I hear good news from U of T? Just wondering how that all plays out...

No one is going to force you to go if you do accept UK. As long as you do not have to pay tuition on or before May 15, you are fine. Besides, acceptance info. for Canadian schools should come out before 5 pm and you can solidify/deny your acceptance based on what you hear.

I have my acceptance at UK and they need to see proof of funds by May 1, and final day to accept is May 15.

I got an interview for U of T the other day and OMSAS says that acceptances are sent out May 15. Is it still possible to refuse UK if I hear good news from U of T? Just wondering how that all plays out...

It only becomes a sticky situation if you are on the WL at U of T.

You don't need to pay anything until near the start of the school year and you can definitely withdraw after May 15. May 15 is the day when you can be sitting on only one American acceptance. It may be worth asking UK about though.

you know UK is 5 years

aka an extra year...so you actually dont lose a year

add the fact that can schools cost like 20K and uk/irish one 60-100K...add the 5 years of interest

add the fact that as a non eu citizen you wont have top pickings for a job (or any) and youll be IMG for can AND usa...

but oohh well its not my money

you know UK is 5 years

add the fact that can schools cost like 20K and uk/irish one 60-100K...add the 5 years of interest

add the fact that as a non eu citizen you wont have top pickings for a job (or any) and youll be IMG for can AND usa...

I think he's talking about Univ of Kentucky, not United Kingdom.

you know UK is 5 years

UK stands for the University of Kentucky.

Archived