Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if this has been asked already...but how are the undergraduate students evaluated versus the graduate students? Are there 'x' number of interview spots reserved for both types of students (and therefore compete with applications in their respective groups)...or...?

Seeing as how there seems to be a recent "batch" of graduate invites/regrets, that's what I'm assuming...is this right?

Good luck to all!

I'm not sure if this has been asked already...but how are the undergraduate students evaluated versus the graduate students? Are there 'x' number of interview spots reserved for both types of students (and therefore compete with applications in their respective groups)...or...?

Seeing as how there seems to be a recent "batch" of graduate invites/regrets, that's what I'm assuming...is this right?

Good luck to all!

They are evaluated slightly differently, but undergrads and graduates are in the same pool- both pre and post interview. The "batch" of graduate invites/regrets is only

because graduate files were recently reviewed in a big grad file review day.

Quick question! Is there any theme to the order in which evaluation seems to be done. I would assume it is somehow related to omsas submission and completion date but mine were both submitted and completed rather early. I'm wondering if anyone else waiting to hear also happened to be complete earlier than later.

From UTMedAdmissions blog: "We just work through them as they come. I guess it’s a combination of when we receive the complete application from OMSAS and the alphabet. But really, when you have this many to go through it doesn’t matter where you start, so long as you get to everyone (which we do). When we review is irrelevant to whether or not an applicant will eventually receive an invitation to interview or an offer of admission, so the order means nothing."

Because I applied stateside I had my Omsas done first week of September ... Haven't heard a word... Even if it was alphabetical by last name, I'd be closer to the top haha I have checked my spam filter so many times, sadly, all I ever get is 30% off Aldo, I guess you can't have too many shoes?? Haha

Quick question! Is there any theme to the order in which evaluation seems to be done. I would assume it is somehow related to omsas submission and completion date but mine were both submitted and completed rather early. I'm wondering if anyone else waiting to hear also happened to be complete earlier than later.

Hey, this was recently answered in the blog by Deborah:

We just work through them as they come. I guess it’s a combination of when we receive the complete application from OMSAS and the alphabet. But really, when you have this many to go through it doesn’t matter where you start, so long as you get to everyone (which we do). When we review is irrelevant to whether or not an applicant will eventually receive an invitation to interview or an offer of admission, so the order means nothing.
that's fantastic Cass! Congrats!

As a reader of your blog, this makes me feel good, too.

My heart-felt congratulations to you!!!

I could feel your excitement in the Invites/Regrets Thread, haha

Cass you just took the hope box morale and blasted it through the roof ;)

Congratulations Cass (or Charlie :D)! This is definitely raising spirits here!

Wonderful news - Hearty Contratulations! :)

Thanks for all your congratulations. I hope the stats I posted gives many of us still waiting some much needed boost in morale and hope =D It can be done! Now I just need to make sure I ace my interview =)

I'm now compulsively checking my email instead of preparing for my interview tomorrow... i hate you cass.

Lol sorry! Good luck with your interview!

Congrats Cass! Is your interview scheduled for the March 24th weekend?

Oops! Forgot to include that. My interview is on the 23rd which is fine since I have no classes on Fridays and the time I need to get there is not like 7:45 am haha.

I'm being so unproductive today due to the excitement

Lol sorry! Good luck with your interview!

Oops! Forgot to include that. My interview is on the 23rd which is fine since I have no classes on Fridays and the time I need to get there is not like 7:45 am haha.

I'm being so unproductive today due to the excitement

Thanks for letting me know! and you should go out and celebrate, you deserve it! I know when I got my interview invite to NOSM I was at work and it was sooo hard to concentrate for the rest of the day!

fffff....so frustrating. I feel pretty sure I'm out of the running. I had asked for a March 25th date cause I'm out of the country (and have to be in Toronto for my Ottawa interview that weekend), and I'm sure they would've notified by now to allow for travel arrangements. Would be so much easier if they just told me "invite" or "not". I doubt they'd be mean enough to invite me for a later date knowing I'd have to pay for an extra flight. ....sorry had to vent and knew you guys would be listening. E-hug to all.