Premed 101 Forums

Hope Box 2012!

To add some hope into the Hope Box:

"hi deborah. i was wondering approx how many interview invites are sent out?is it almost the same as last year (530 ish) or is it more because there were more applicants this year?"

on March 9, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Reply utmedadmissions

"We are still in process so there’s no definite number yet. We are thinking more than last year though. I think I have capacity for about 600 if we need them."

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of tough news today, especially after such a long wait!

I really hate to admit to myself that I`m this neurotic, but based on the number of people who posted rejects today how many rejections in total do we estimate were sent out today?

The anxiety of this waiting-game is really becoming pervasive! :eek:

Perhaps the HOPE box isn't the best place for this but I'd just like to announce that I've lost all HOPE of getting an interview invite from UofT (as well as any HOPE of getting accepted to either of the two Ontario schools at which I interviewed) and starting to lose HOPE in a career as a physician as well. Gotta hand it to you UofT, over the last 4 years but especially this year, you've broken me. Sincerely, just another *former med hopeful in the crowd of thousands.

Perhaps the HOPE box isn't the best place for this but I'd just like to announce that I've lost all HOPE of getting an interview invite from UofT (as well as any HOPE of getting accepted to either of the two Ontario schools at which I interviewed) and starting to lose HOPE in a career as a physician as well. Gotta hand it to you UofT, over the last 4 years but especially this year, you've broken me. Sincerely, just another *former med hopeful in the crowd of thousands.

At last it's my turn to pull someone outta the hopeless hole. Go back to a week ago and read my posts. I was certain my regrets would arrive this week after not having received an invite for the March 23rd weekend. I had requested March 25th as my interview date since I'm flying in from Europe for an Ottawa interview, and when I didn't get an invite I was crushed. Having not received regrets this week, I realize this wasn't due to a decision having already been made on my application, but because they simply hadn't decided anything yet.

I'm not going to tell you to hope because that's a feeling that comes and goes on the basis of what goes on around you, and though it can make you feel better it may also take you down if the circumstances turn out badly. But, based on the fact that you have two interviews already, I can deduce that it is quite unlikely you won't get into medical school this year. The chances of you not getting in anywhere is probably less than 25%, so statistics are on your side.

As for UofT, I've realized a few things taking in what I've read here and on Deborah's blog. In my opinion, they must look for particular things each year that go beyond simple stats like GPA and MCAT. That's why they take so long. I don't think any of us will ever find out how it works unless we get into that school and get onto the admissions team.

Till next week my friends...

Guest Fresh_Underwear

Still waiting and hoping here, it ain't over until it's over. I'm not too distraught about the waiting game.

There is still one more weekend people. So that means there are still about 120 interview positions left for those two days. The glass is half full, not half empty.

The weather's damn awesome (at least in TO)- take the time to chill everyone! I would much prefer to get regrets in this coming week as opposed to any other time because the nice weather will do a good job at countering the misery!

One is all you need!! Rock them hard on your Western's interview! :D

Read your post somewhere, and it was very inspiring~

Aww thanks :o I really do hope that everyone left on the thread gets that coveted interview! A lot of my friends are still waiting as well, so don't be discouraged!

Aww sorry to hear. But yay for Western! :)

Thanks Captain :)

Western is my one shot too, so you're not alone.

Good luck bthom! Have you already interviewed, or are you at the end of the month?

Hi there, now that I've calmed down a bit from the excitement, I have a bit of good news to share. So apparently there's still more spaces in the March 24th weekend cuz I just got an interview there, so everyone keep your hopes up! I think most people who are still waiting have great chances at getting an interview =)

Hi there, now that I've calmed down a bit from the excitement, I have a bit of good news to share. So apparently there's still more spaces in the March 24th weekend cuz I just got an interview there, so everyone keep your hopes up! I think most people who are still waiting have great chances at getting an interview =)

Congrats! You've upped my hope levels for today!:D

Yay for invites this week! I went through my email archives on the weekend and discovered that when I applied two years ago I was rejected on the 9th of march. So I am super hopeful now knowing I survived that day this time around! Sending good vibes to all of us still waiting!

Would they give out the spot though if someone withdrew from an interview? I feel like it's more of a "if we want to interview you, we'll do so" type of thing, kind of independent of other applicants...

solid point. I think you're right; that's why I think it's in our best interest to not get our hopes up for March invites at this point.

Just hope for the best and hopefully we will get invited for that April weekend

Archived