Premed 101 Forums

Hope Box 2012!

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This wait is starting to get to me.. how many 3rd years are still left in the pool? I'm starting to see invited being given to mature students?

Me and a bunch of my friends are still waiting. We're all in third year. I'm guessing we should hear back in the next few weeks "hopefully". The wait is excruciating but its better to be waiting hoping for something :) than not.

how many grads are still here left standing with me???

I'm an MSc student. Surely I am not alone in my growing dislike towards this waiting game...

You are certainly not alone! I feel like the decision is inevitable - as they say, if you are meant to get an interview you will. So I would rather know than not know either way (better than being in this state of limbo).

I'll admit I'm bitter. Just don't get this system at all. MCAT 39R, GPA 3.91 before weighting, 3.99 after, great ECs, had some folks read/edit my essay and they thought it was amazing, have two decent references and one killer reference. Rejected without an interview(last week.) Really don't know how to make my app any stronger. Not meaning that to sound cocky just super discouraged after waiting so long for an answer.:mad:

Congrats to everyone who got interviews today! Just out of curiosity, for the people who are still waiting, where does your last name fall in the alphabet? My last name starts with a W so I was wondering if they are looking through some of them alphabetically. I know that its's a random process but I remember reading somewhere that they kind of did it by the alphabet.

I'll admit I'm bitter. Just don't get this system at all. MCAT 40R, GPA 3.91 before weighting, 3.99 after, great ECs, had some folks read/edit my essay and they thought it was amazing, have two decent references and one killer reference. Rejected without an interview(last week.) Really don't know how to make my app any stronger. Not meaning that to sound cocky just super discouraged after waiting so long for an answer.:mad:

It's understandable to be frustrated and mad, it's all about how they interpret it on their end. I hope you had better luck at other schools because your stats are KILLER, and I'm sure you'll be able to get in somewhere whether it be this year or next

Yeah, no point in trying to figure this out.

-Graduated in 2011

-Last name smack dab in the middle of the alphabet,

-My application submitted and complete mid-September

Sorry to be that kid! This is my last of wayyyy too many schools to hear back from (applied US too). UofT lets go! Im excited to hear from you!

Well, looks like I too am in for more refreshing my spam trap to come. Congratulations to all of you who have received interviews, and also to those with regrets. To my fellow hopeboxers still without news, I wish each of you the best. Hopefully many of us get news very soon (preferably positive!).

I'm so impressed by the supportive, positive energy I've seen on this forum, and especially on this thread. Way to be. :)

Here's hoping, friends.

Archived