Premed 101 Forums

Should you practice for the MMI? Science says: "Maybe not? Difficult to say."

So how much is everyone practising before the big day (how many hours)?

I think the common theme on this thread has been that there is no specific right or wrong way to prep and therefore no "right" or "wrong" number of hours, so our answers may not mean much for you. Do what works for you. If that's nothing- good for you! You're lucky! If it's a lot and that's what you need to do to get into med then good for you too! You earned your spot and should feel just as good!

For what it's worth, I'm doing about 12 hours of practice questions. But I've also been a server for 5 years so have done 5000+ hours of on-your-feet, public speaking???? So I'm fairly comfortable answering questions fluidly and diplomatically. I'm just practicing expressing empathy, and examining both sides, etc. Fine tuning things.

Whatever works for you! It seems like you've been practicing a fair bit already (e.x. you have the big MMI group). Practice until you feel ready, then STOP. Over-practicing will just psych you out. I'm sure you'll do fine though. :)

Practice until you feel ready, then STOP. Over-practicing will just psych you out.

I would totally agree with this. I don't think practicing your interview skills is like studying for a test. I think after a certain point, there are diminishing returns.

And I personally wouldn't practice the day before your interview. I think that time should be reserved for relaxing and primping :cool:

Good luck to everyone this weekend (and next)!

Archived