Premed 101 Forums

Premed with this ?

Youssef24

Hi,

My r score is now 28, and I am working my a** off to make it go to 32, or 33. But I saw that for mcgill, the R score only counts for 20%.

I do a lot of voluntering in high school, mentoring robotic teams. I also applied for Sainte Justine hospital.

So would it be possible to get to premed, eventhough i have a 28 r score in my first semester ?

Also, i heard that mcgill does not like students who go to school in the summer. Is it true ?

Thank's.

You are automatically disqualified if you take summer courses I think...

It is highly unlikely, but possible if you are able to get an r score of 33 by the end of the 3rd semester. I doesn't matter what your r score per semester is, only the average of the three.

If I remember correctly, at McGill, the r score does not count at all post interview, it's only for the interview invitation!

I want to revise what I said, if the summer class you are taking is not one of the following then you are ok! :

Biology: NYA (00UK), General Biology II (00XU);

Chemistry: NYA (00UL), NYB (00UM), Organic Chemistry I (00XV);

Mathematics: NYA (00UN), NYB (00UP);

Physics: NYA (00UR), NYB (00US), NYC (00UT).

Unless you are doing a sports-etudes program.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

My r score is now 28, and I am working my a** off to make it go to 32, or 33. But I saw that for mcgill, the R score only counts for 20%.

I do a lot of voluntering in high school, mentoring robotic teams. I also applied for Sainte Justine hospital.

So would it be possible to get to premed, eventhough i have a 28 r score in my first semester ?

Also, i heard that mcgill does not like students who go to school in the summer. Is it true ?

Thank's.

Hey i just want to say,dont give up.

Im in exact situation right now trying to raise my rscore by 3-4 pts.

Archived