Premed 101 Forums

Accepted but failed course in final CEGEP semester.

Student24

Hello everyone!

I'm applying to the four Quebec schools for PreMed with roughly a 34.3 R-score. I have good ECRs and am trying to stay optimistic about getting interviewed in at least one school.

That said, I did an Organic Chemistry II test yesterday which I'm almost positive I failed. It had a weight of 20%. I understand the general material, but I choked on time and didn't study enough (a common mistake made by PreMed applicants in their fourth CEGEP semester).

I hope to get in gear now and still pass the course, but this got me thinking: what happens if one is accepted to PreMed but then fails a course in the final semester? McGill would probably make a huge deal of it, but what about the other three schools? What if one passes with a really low grade (60-70)? Current McGill PreMed students have told me that the university apparently messages students asking for justification for bad grades in the last semester, but that they haven't heard of anybody's acceptance being revoked.

Any advice on the four schools would be greatly appreciated! Sentez-vous libres de me repondre en francais aussi.

From what I understood, Laval does not bother if one fails a course and one completes all the requirements before July 1st (or Aug 1st??). This is something which was clearly written in my acceptation letter sent by Laval : All requirements must be completed before the end of the summer (or a specific date during the actual summer).

For Mcgill, it is true that you will have to justify and explain why you failed a class during the last semester. As long as you pass, you're good to go.

Archived