Premed 101 Forums

Kinesiology R Score (for Premed Bc Sc)

Hi there,

I am currently applying for Kinesiology at Mcgill for Fall 2012 term's. Since I wasted most of my cegep doing close to nothing , my Overal CRC is 27.667 (minimum required is 26.500) and Science/Math R score is 26.449 (minimum reuired is 26.500). My English language R score is something around 31. (minimum demanded, 22). What do you think are my chances to get into Kin at mcgill ? I'm still waiting on Minerva for an answer as a ''Ready for Review''. Also, the high school/cegep I went to is Brébeuf.

Thanks ! :)

I think you have good chances.

I applied to kin at mcgill with an rscore of 29.x and was accepted, and your not too far away so you should be accepted as well (is my guess).

You should also look at the exercise science program at concordia. I highly recommend it. I know a few people from my cegep who are studying exercise science at mcgill (aka kin) and they mentioned their classes are mostly if not all theoretical where as at concordia you have a lot of practical labs to test your skills. You should check out future_doc's thread on exercise science, it will give you some insight as to what this program actually is. Also, you can always specialize in clinical exercise physiology (CEP) and athletic therapy (AT), both of which are specializations in exercise science. I believe mcgill offers CEP as well but after your first year, but for AT, concordia is the only school in quebec which offers it. Anyways that is all, you should defenetly give it some thought. If you have any questions feel free to reply here or send me a PM on SDN, i have the same username as here.

Best of wishes

---Edit---

Here is the link to f_d's thread : http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48577&page=5

Link to PharmaDream's thread : http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48135

Thanks you a1b1 for your answer! Yes haha I've read a million times Future_doc's amazing post before, a lot of good infos and insights in it! I think I should be good for Mcgill, it's just the science/math r score that was bothering me, I don't know how much importance does it have for Mcgill, and if being 0.05 under this specific science/math cutoff would kill my chances. I hope for the best! (that 0.05 is equal to a 1 - 1.5% difference in only one science/math courses out of the 9 I had so far , ahhhhh )

Archived