Premed 101 Forums

OOP Waitlist 2012

Hello everyone,

I thought it might be nice to have an OOP waitlist thread for mutual support and so that people can share any information they find out ex. a friend who gets into Harvard and declines her spot etc.

Has anyone called to set up a phone interview with Dr. Sutton yet? Can we do this this early? I was planning on holding off for a bit until the dust settles.

Hey all,

From Tracy Teed herself, in response to my query about feedback:

"Sorry but we do not provide feedback to anyone on the waitlist as you are on

the wait list and basically your application is deemed to be fine but we

just do not have enough positions to provide one to everyone. Also Non

Maritime applicants are not eligible to received feedback as their

applications are solely based on the competitiveness of the applicant pool."

loong, slooww, open-palm shrug...

Based on last year, Dal initially told us that file reviews were only available to IP students. However, at some point in May I believe, someone on the boards contacted Dal and they were allowed to schedule a phone call with Dr. Sutton.

Afterwards, many of us were given the opportunity to have this call with Dr Sutton, in which we were given breakdowns of our scores and the cut-off limit for acceptance.

You're all fantastic applicants, trust me :) We had complied a list of scores for approximately 7-8 of us on the OOP waitlist, all of which were higher than the IP cut-off. Dr.Sutton will likely suggest that you move to the Maritimes to get IP status...haha.

Good luck with the waiting period!!!

So I called the admissions office today and they said they are dealing with releasing the scores for people that were rejected first. Once this is done, they will be able to release the scores to those of us that are waitlisted. I also asked if any OOP applicants were rejected. She said there were OOP applicants that were rejected because their scores were below the set cutoff. She did say more people were waitlisted on the OOP waitlist since the waitlist moves so much in comparison to the others.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived