Premed 101 Forums

Countdown To May 15!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
its coming up fast..I'm waiting on just alberta

We got an email last week from dbaker just to confirm our addresses-I saw the subject heading "MD Admissions" and my heart started pounding.

I'm not going to sleep at all on the night of May 14th!

Agreed! I thought it was bad enough waiting for MCAT marks to come out, the last few days are not going to be fun...

This wait is agonizing! I can't imagine what it is like for people who had early interviews. After this Friday I am finished school and no real distractions until the 15th. I am trying to think of things to occupy my time other than this forum. Good luck everyone!

Still hoping they surprise us a day or two early! Would save my eyes a lot of staring at the computer screen. Haha. But I guess they don't know how many seats they have until a few days before. :( I bet they have the list already! Ugh. Oh well! Only a month. :)

I think they WILL surprise us a day or two early haha! Last year Dr Walker sent out the emails at 4AM when he said they'd be in the afternoon so I'm looking forward to a few surprises this year too :P

Still hoping they surprise us a day or two early! Would save my eyes a lot of staring at the computer screen. Haha. But I guess they don't know how many seats they have until a few days before. :( I bet they have the list already! Ugh. Oh well! Only a month. :)

I wish they'd let like the first 100 people on the list know right now. Since they likely already have the ranked list and the class size isn't going to be less than 100 next year...blah wishful thinking. I just wanna know.......djfajdfkejkajfkejds slowly going crazy...

I hate to be a downer here... but all the talk of how many days left just isn't satiating my anticipation of the big news.

Come on, we need some more speculation to get us riled up! :D

More gossip about "what Dr. Walker said on interview day" (or didn't say) about our chances, seat size and release dates etc.

What have you heard through the grape vine? Now's your chance to say what you think and get everyone's blood boiling.

--this might get me through the next 4 weeks of waiting better than a measly 1-chocolate/day. (though I don't deny that I'll try the chocolate calendar...);)

You want some speculation? Ok. I heard that they're actually shutting down all of the med schools in Canada because the world is ending on Dec. 21, so they won't be accepting anyone this year. And those of us who are already in med school are all getting kicked out. True* story.

*"By true, I mean false. It's all lies. But they're entertaining lies. And in the end, isn't that the real truth? The answer is: No." Bonus points if you know what that's from.

exactly 4 weeks! :o

You should all buy advent/admissions calendars or a box of damn expensive chocolates soon to count down with. Reward yourself to surviving each passing day! ;)

This is a great idea. I think I will do this! Any excuse to eat chocolate...

27 days! (26 days and some hours, actually)

I smell a money making idea! 'Admisssions countdown calendars'...any enterprising students on here?

Well, I still have a few months....

Which brand of chocolate would you guys prefer if I were to make one? Hmm?

Lindt? Laura Secord? Godiva? Other (please list)?

Instead of studying for my history final, I decided to make a chocolate countdown calendar. I made my own chocolates (plain with rainbow sprinkles, almond chunk with rainbow sprinkles, almond + raisin & cinnamon vanilla).

Tomorrow morning I get to have day 26, which happens to be almond + raisin!

Behold!

Step 1:

CameraZOOM-20120418211001309.jpg

Step 2:

CameraZOOM-20120418213849185.jpg

Step 3:

CameraZOOM-20120418214613293.jpg

Step 4:

CameraZOOM-20120418222748110.jpg

...now I feel sort of sick, because I ate a bunch of that chocolate while making said calendar...

Archived