Premed 101 Forums

Countdown To May 15!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here... Kind of scary if you think that they have "prepared" the files that are about to be rejected post-interview for the score display. I wonder if there are interviewed applicants out there who don't have anything displayed [please don't troll - sensitive subject :o ].

I am quite definitely overreacting to this.

Relax guys. UCAN appears to be a moody program (much like the SPSS I'm currently avoiding) so I'm sure they have not figured out yet how to prepare scores for rejected applicants only. My guess is it looks this way to everyone at the MMI. Also, I'm pretty sure the gov't hasn't even told them yet how many applicants they are accepting anyways. I believe Dr. Walker said they only find out a few days before. Thus, they don't know how many they are rejecting either. But I hope everything is ready to go so that we know as soon as they know! :)

P.S. Three years from now, ~170 of us will be doctors! Yay!! and the rest, four years from now. ;)

Just to add a little more reassurance - I also have blank scores on my UCAN account. Maybe Dr. Walker will post something soon - I am assuming unsuccessful applicants may have their scores now?? Anyways - 13 days now. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Not to a downer here... but it just hit me that statistically speaking, 2 out of every 3 of us will be rejected... T____T unless the premed101 population is the top of the demographic, in which case, let's all get accepted!!! :)

ouch that stings...puts things in perspective though

Not quite that accurate. There have been better stats done hanging around the forum and the blog. It's closer to 50/50 at this point for at least one offer of admission considering people apply to more than one school and open up spots on the wait list. Sure, less than 1/3 will make up the final class, but many more will receive offers. It's the home stretch at this point; best of luck to all of you.

Not quite that accurate. There have been better stats done hanging around the forum and the blog. It's closer to 50/50 at this point for at least one offer of admission considering people apply to more than one school and open up spots on the wait list. Sure, less than 1/3 will make up the final class, but many more will receive offers. It's the home stretch at this point; best of luck to all of you.

Haha, I was actually the poster on Dr. Walker's blog talking about the 50% thing. I guess I was grouping initial Rejection/Waitlist letters into that "2/3" statistic, just so we can keep our expectations low and become pleasantly surprised, rather than keeping our expectations high and becoming surprised in a bad way.

So yes, if the waitlist movement persists like it has in past years, then 50% of us will ultimately get in to U of C specifically =] and yes, plenty more of us will get offers elsewhere! It's just that only 1/3 of us will see an initial "Congratulations!" letter from U of C on May 15.

Haha, I was actually the poster on Dr. Walker's blog talking about the 50% thing. I guess I was grouping initial Rejection/Waitlist letters into that "2/3" statistic, just so we can keep our expectations low and become pleasantly surprised, rather than keeping our expectations high and becoming surprised in a bad way.

So yes, if the waitlist movement persists like it has in past years, then 50% of us will ultimately get in to U of C specifically =] and yes, plenty more of us will get offers elsewhere! It's just that only 1/3 of us will see an initial "Congratulations!" letter from U of C on May 15.

Looks like you are a bigger nerd than me :D

Archived