Premed 101 Forums

Countdown

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I might've picked up mono from sharing a drink with a friend... Urgh, at least its one way to keep myself distracted no??

I wish that Mac kept an MD admissions blog like UofT and Calgary so I would at least have something to creep =(

I think I might've picked up mono from sharing a drink with a friend... Urgh, at least its one way to keep myself distracted no??

I wish that Mac kept an MD admissions blog like UofT and Calgary so I would at least have something to creep =(

Creep = subject to over analysis by PM101 users. LOVE IT!

The Queens interview video was by far one of the funniest things I've seen this year.

I needed to find something to creep so I'm using this for now:

http://www.macmedstudentcouncil.org/

Is it sad that I creeped the %^&* out of that site a month ago already?

Yes. Yes it is.

I've started jogging as a quasi-punishment every time I start to stress about it. It has made me quite fit; at least I'll have my new physique to take pride in after I get waitlisted/rejected/maybe accepted.

Worked for my last break-up...

If you get waitlisted, is there a point at which they shut off the waitlist and tell everyone that the class is full? Or is there a chance even until classes start that someone might drop their spot and you could be offered a spot off the waitlist?

cant speak to Mac specifically, but I know people that got accepted off the waitlist last minute due to unforeseen circumstances with other students... Just keep in mind that after the deadline to accept the movement slows down... as people are only only giving up spots to schools in different jurisdictions with different timelines, or changing their mind etc. Because their other Ontario offers (if they got more than one) all have the same expiry date.

If you get waitlisted, is there a point at which they shut off the waitlist and tell everyone that the class is full? Or is there a chance even until classes start that someone might drop their spot and you could be offered a spot off the waitlist?

At Mac last year, they sent an email to everyone on the waitlist around the end of June letting them know they'd filled the last spot in the class. Since the class size hasn't changed for this coming year, I expect it will be around the same. Wait listed people were being notified from the day after the hard deadline for accepted applicants in Ontario to accept an offer on OMSAS, until June.

I'm going to be spending the next 3 day at Mac. This is 100000X worse than I thought lol. How am I going to not think about it when I'm physically there!!!!!

I just found out registration for my summer program is on May 15th at 10AM. I am NOT looking forward to being stuck in a room with pre-med keeners (the summer program I'm in is a magnet for them) at perhaps the most important date AND time for eager beavers.

I got lucky, my lab called me in this week to finish off a final replicate, so at least that kept me busy. Leon, I'm sure spending a few days at Mac is lucky somehow.

Haha maybe i could sneak into the admissions office..... :D

I just found out registration for my summer program is on May 15th at 10AM. I am NOT looking forward to being stuck in a room with pre-med keeners (the summer program I'm in is a magnet for them) at perhaps the most important date AND time for eager beavers.

LOL thats a nightmare. Im planning on staying asleep until 10am at the least

Archived