Premed 101 Forums

U of T Waitlist C/O 2016

Called in today and still no movement. Is it still too early, you think?

No idea. I think it is fairly unusual for there to be no movement still. Some Premed101 forumers have even said that they never bothered to deposit at U of T, or that they were turning it down, and yet U of T has not reached out to the waitlist. Not sure if we can even trust the admissions office at this point lol.

That said, in some previous years by early June the waitlist had only moved 2-3 spots (eg. 2009 I believe) and that year the waitlist went up to 23.

Then again, this year UWO results came out much earlier, so I'm not really sure what's going on. Sounds like people are just holding on to their spots for now, for whatever reason...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
This should make everyone very happy. The waitlist is moving. I got my letter today and I will be accepting! I was #6 on the waitlist. Good luck to the rest of you!

Awesome! Congrats to both aftizsi and slivoice!

I'm wondering if the folks between 2 and 6 are simply not posting on Premed101 or if they declined/withdrew their waitlist offers/spots.

Either way, the fact that it's up to at least 6 is good news indeed.

Thanks for the updates guys! Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Cleanup, do you think you're gonna continue to wait for UT or are you going to case western? I realize the school starts relatively early? :(

Also i think the fact that the admission lady was away on vacation for 3 weeks might have something to do with the waitlist not moving -cough-

Cleanup, do you think you're gonna continue to wait for UT or are you going to case western? I realize the school starts relatively early? :(

Also i think the fact that the admission lady was away on vacation for 3 weeks might have something to do with the waitlist not moving -cough-

They're not mutually exclusive. I have to move to Cleveland but if I do get that call/email then I will be heading back. I want to be close to home.

Best of luck to everyone!

Yeah... really wondering what I should do at this point lol. Keeping my hopes up though.

I remeber last year, and i hope you get UoT.I think still you have chance, last year 19 spots moved. And basically Case can be better choice for school itself, espec practice side. They will give your own chair.

I mean at 3rd year you have your own chair. It is great , every day 2 or 3 patients makes big differences in whole year. So, you can just enjoy your situation if you can afford tuition fee. Cleb is close, only 3 hours driving from Toronto.

Did you get a call and tell them you didn't want the spot or did you simply remove yourself from the waitlist?

Thanks for letting us know. :)

I know it's important to not get ahead of ourselves, but I'm really happy for you because I think the odds of you getting into UT are looking VERY good right now.

Good luck!:D

Thanks eupharie. :)

Just for people who are curious, a friend of mine (who is also on these forums) kept a quick and dirty list of waitlist movement from past years:

Year	Total offers	Waitlist offers
2010 	92		27
2009	92		27
2008	91		26
2007	105		40
2006	89		24
2005	100		35

I'd say people up to rank 20 are looking in good shape right now. Last year was a very slow year and this year is faster than last year by quite a bit (or so it would seem from the threads). I didn't include 2011 as although the Premed folks only went up to 19, it may have been a couple more than that. Would have to wait for official word from U of T to be sure.

Archived