Premed 101 Forums

U of T Waitlist C/O 2016

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I called the office today and there's still 10 movements, so i'm assuming they're removing themself?

A more diagnostic question would've been "What rank am I right now?" That tells you not only how many movements there have been but also how many people in front of you have dropped their waitlist position.

A more diagnostic question would've been "What rank am I right now?" That tells you not only how many movements there have been but also how many people in front of you have dropped their waitlist position.

Yup that's what I did. I'm still #6 so i think he's just telling us ahead of time that he will turn down the offer if it comes up.

Thanks eupharie. :)

Just for people who are curious, a friend of mine (who is also on these forums) kept a quick and dirty list of waitlist movement from past years:

Year	Total offers	Waitlist offers
2010 	92		27
2009	92		27
2008	91		26
2007	105		40
2006	89		24
2005	100		35

I'd say people up to rank 20 are looking in good shape right now. Last year was a very slow year and this year is faster than last year by quite a bit (or so it would seem from the threads). I didn't include 2011 as although the Premed folks only went up to 19, it may have been a couple more than that. Would have to wait for official word from U of T to be sure.

Glad you gave me credit =P. Good luck to everyone!

lol they probably know who you are

... but can't believe you still haven't got off the waitlist... doesn't the waitlist move more than 20 spots?

Yeah, usually. 10 so far is already not bad. A lot of movement is expected in a week or two once the deposit deadline creeps up. Keeping my fingers crossed.

They're operating on summer hours, so you won't be able to reach them after 12 noon

I called today and there hasn't been any movements. I guess we have to wait the long weekend out :P

Ah, I didn't know that.

I don't suppose anyone got a hold of them today? I called at like 11:45 but wasn't able to get through. It's been impossible trying to reach them! I had to email them to change my contact information but don't know if they received the email or have bothered to change it yet...

I walked over to the building today since they weren't picking up my calls either. The lady said i'm #3 now (which means it moved 3 more). Don't know how good my chances are at this point -sigh- but you're next cleanup :)

What was your original rank?

So presumably I'm #1?! Gosh I hope so. Thanks for the update. They're not picking up the phone/answering my emails at all. :X

It sure looks like it ;)

If the 3 spots that move is just from the original accepted people not paying the deposit then you should be in very soon since aslkk is rejecting his offer. However, if it includes aslkk's rejection then you would be #1. Either way it looks good for you. :) I just hope it moves 3 more spots soon :(

U of T just emailed me actually, and said I was #1. I thought they were on summer hours?

Oh well, good news either way. :)

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, UofThopeful. Head up, chin up!

Heyyy cleanup~. I just declined my offer 5 minutes ago, now you should be IN!!!

Good Luck!

Haha I think it might take a couple days. I just called and they still said I'm #1. Maybe they haven't processed it all yet.

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone. And thank you to aslkk especially! :) Virtual Premed101 drinks are on me.

Archived