Premed 101 Forums

Alberta Election

Alberta elections are coming up, and the results are going to really influence how Alberta's healthcare system will work and how many spots will be available in med school for upcoming years (NDP is promising more spots to fight the lack of family docs for example). If you didn't plan on voting, you may want to rethink that and look at everyone's platforms. Im personally going to have to go with NDP because of their promise for more seats in med school.

The PCs say they are going to add 14 more med students taught out of the univ of Lethbridge (in conjunction with the Uof C) and make permanent the RICC. Liberals just say more health professionals in rural communities (pretty vague) and wild rose doesn't say anything about adding any. The Alberta party pledged to "develop and implement a five-year plan to increase the number of family physicians, particularly in our rural communities.". Again, vague.

So, I doubt the ndp or liberals would ever win so voting PC, wild rose, or alberta party is probably the way to go.

That's my 2cents

The PCs say they are going to add 14 more med students taught out of the univ of Lethbridge (in conjunction with the Uof C) and make permanent the RICC. Liberals just say more health professionals in rural communities (pretty vague) and wild rose doesn't say anything about adding any. The Alberta party pledged to "develop and implement a five-year plan to increase the number of family physicians, particularly in our rural communities.". Again, vague.

So, I doubt the ndp or liberals would ever win so voting PC, wild rose, or alberta party is probably the way to go.

That's my 2cents

I forgot where I read it, but wildrose said something about increasing funding to healthcare-related professional schools including medicine and nursing. It was in a document..

Is it just me, does this person sound like a member of a political party, i.e. NDP. This person has only 1 post, which is this.

Alberta elections are coming up, and the results are going to really influence how Alberta's healthcare system will work and how many spots will be available in med school for upcoming years (NDP is promising more spots to fight the lack of family docs for example). If you didn't plan on voting, you may want to rethink that and look at everyone's platforms. Im personally going to have to go with NDP because of their promise for more seats in med school.

What if you're already in med school?

Archived