Premed 101 Forums

what is the CARMs application like?

Guest westernview

Guest westernview

i am wondering what the actual CARMs application is like. is it like the OMSAS application, where you fill out a sketch of extracurricular activities and descriptions of what you've done, online? what do they ask for on the actual application form? (i don't mean supporting documents- my understanding from reading the CARMs web site is that supporting documents include reference letters, your CV, transcripts, and a personal letter... correct me if i'm wrong!)

what i mean is, what is the actual application like?

Guest summervirus

Hiya, you have the right idea. It's similar to the OMSAS application. Basically, you go through a series of pages and fill in the blanks in various fields. They'll ask you stuff on your background (e.g. name of medical school, year of graduation, previous education), research related activities, extracurriculars, a list of all the electives you've completed, and other stuff like whether you've taken a licensing exam such as the USMLE (if so, they'll ask if you passed or failed), etc. That's basically it. After you're done, it'll compile it into one big page and format it kinda like a beefed up resume.

Then, you supplement your application with supporting documents like you said which include your letters of intent (e.g. the essays you write for each school), reference letters, photos, transcripts, "Dean's letter", etc.

I hope this gives you a better idea. :)

Archived