Premed 101 Forums

Can anyone comment on whether the Canada QBank questions are at all representative of the actual MCCQE1 questions, both in substance and in style? I went into Qbank knowing it was less than great but I'd done UWorld already for the USMLE CK exam. I'm just wondering if I can expect my QE answer choices to be ridiculously vague and/or my question stems to be written in broken English with bad grammar and poor spelling.

Not directly related to your question but maybe of interest to others writing the MCCQE in the future...

I got USMLERx and have tried out USMLE World from a classmate.

Both are pretty much the same. I like the answer explanations a tad more with USMLERx.

If I was to study for the MCCQE again I think I would skip the question banks. I think that they are pretty low yield. They tend to test you on very very fine minutia. Which is cool if you want to study for a very long time. But the chances of the same minutia being examined on the MCCQE must be pretty low. Maybe the USMLE has favourite miniutia they always test on, I dunno...

Regardless I doubt the obseurities in the USMLE q banks I mentioned corrisponds with the MCCQE's favorite trivia. After all there is a lot of minutia in medicine and only so much time to study and a finite number of questions.

That's my two cents.