Premed 101 Forums

Thinking about moving to be IP

Hello,

I've been studying at a college in Alberta for the past 2 years and I've grown really fond of this province, even though my permanent address is from Quebec. I think I read somewhere on UofC's website that if I have studied for at least 2 years in an Albertan post-secondary institution they would consider me as an in province applicant. Is that true?

Also, if I wanted to change my permanent address to an Albertan one, would I have to move out of the school dorms into an independent place where I pay the bills, etc. ? If so, how long would it take for me to be considered a permanent resident of Alberta?

Thank you,

Crohm

all you have to do is live in Alberta for 12 months preceding the date you wish to START med school. So if July 2013 (next cycle) you need to be living there since July 2012. Which it sounds like you already do.

You are already in province. You don't have a mailing address as a student in Alberta?

I read somewhere on UofC's website that if I have studied for at least 2 years in an Albertan post-secondary institution they would consider me as an in province applicant. Is that true?

yes it is. read the sticky up top.

Archived