Premed 101 Forums

McGill Nursing

Robin Hood

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I am currently a Nursing student at McGill, U1.

In Cegep, my rscore was around 31, enough for most programs, pretty far from medicine.

So far, it has been two weeks, and it is manageable. I realized there are a lot of readings, but they are fairly simple. I have one physiology classes, one psych class and four nursing classes this semester. I feel like I am half a psychology now hahah. Also, in U1, we focus more on "relationships", U2 "health/science" and U3 "community"

I'd be happy to answer any more detailed questions!

• 4 months later...

I applied for nursing next year. It's my second major. I also applied to other programs, but either way, med is my ultimate and only goal. Looking forward to push through nursing next year and get into med ASAP. 

My R score was in mid 31-32. In McGill BSc I did super poorly on my first year, and climbed slowly from there, though non competitive for med at all, my scores show steady increase.  

I applied for nursing next year. It's my second major. I also applied to other programs, but either way, med is my ultimate and only goal. Looking forward to push through nursing next year and get into med ASAP. 

My R score was in mid 31-32. In McGill BSc I did super poorly on my first year, and climbed slowly from there, though non competitive for med at all, my scores show steady increase.  

I applied MSc in Nursing at McGill next year! My ultimate goal is med too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Does anyone know if 2nd UG in McGill's Inqram school of nursing can be done within two years instead of three? Any of you applies to accelerated nursing programs in Ontario? 

No you can't do UG for 2 years, even if you did it at mcGill and took some of the prereqs (PHGY209, 210, PHARM 300, 301, PATH 300) 

You could consider the direct entry masters program, but it will not raise your UG GPA if your ultimate goal is med. 

Archived