Premed 101 Forums

Should i even apply?

Hi all,

I've been really worried about my stats lately and have been losing sleep over it. It seems like recently all of the people who get accepted have such amazing stats. I feel like I wouldnt even have a shot at getting an interview at u of c.

I finished my 3rd year and in province, i am thinking of applying now.

cGPA:3.5

best 2 years: 3.65

MCAT: VR10

EC: 2 summers research, volunteering at a hospital since i was 15, other small volunteer positions, school clubs

I should be able to get strong references from my ECs and professors.

So do i even have a shot?

You have no shot whatsoever! Your GPA has to be 4.0 and MCAT at least 40T. You might as well not even apply for the little chances you have.

Some people might not get your sarcasm.

So do i even have a shot?

I would say go for it. What do you have to lose? The application fee and a few hours of work filling out the application. Not much of a price to pay for a chance at such a great career.

If you don't mind, would you be willing to share what your Pre-MMI score was? That way, it is a lot easier to tell whether there is hope and whether if it was just tough luck. This is because people with much lower stats have gotten admission without even being waitlisted!

If you don't mind, would you be willing to share what your Pre-MMI score was? That way, it is a lot easier to tell whether there is hope and whether if it was just tough luck. This is because people with much lower stats have gotten admission without even being waitlisted!

That I cannot, I have not yet applied. i guess from the advice I have been given, i should apply this cycle and then I would be able to share my pre-mmi score.

Archived