Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Accepted off the waitlist today to Niagara campus

Timestamp: May 30 @ 9:53AM

GPA: 3.7

MCAT VR: 11

Interview: It was a fun experience. I think that I did well at some stations but there were definitely a few that didn't go well (like a typical MMI).

To those still waiting: I understand the disappointment, fear, & anxiety that these weeks have felt like. Waiting is hard and not natural - but perseverance will build character (a trait of a great physician). I hope next year (whatever it may hold for you) goes well for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all!

I'm writing to let you know that I've just been accepted off the waitlist today at 2:38 pm to Hamilton campus!

I was so excited to finish my last year at Queen's University, but this was a total surprise since I thought I was going to be rejected.

cGPA: 3.84

MCAT: 14, 11, 11 (PS, VR, BS) Writing sample: S

see you all in the fall!

To the waitlisters... I feel ya

raegrats

Accepted May 14 but didn't post. PM101 has been alot of help so I thought I'd at to the stats.

GPA: 3.75

VR: 12

ECs: Above average, president of social club, overseas volunteering, research

MMI: It was my second time applying so I was alot more comfortable. Thought I did well on most stations minus one or two

In Province Masters student

Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist!

• 4 weeks later...

Just found this forum today!

Rejected pre-interview:p

3rd year OOP

GPA: 3.99

MCAT: 42S (15BS, 13VR, 14PS)

EC's: Many diverse, but nothing medical related. Lots of high level sports (former olympic athlete). ETC.

Not really sure what ottawa wanted. I got into U of A my #1 school though, so it is alright!

Just found this forum today!

Accepted May. 15th.

3rd year OOP

GPA: 3.99

MCAT: 42S (15BS, 13VR, 14PS)

EC's: Many diverse, but nothing medical related. Lots of high level sports (former olympic athlete). ETC.

Declined right after I found out. To be honest, I really didn't like Mac at the interview. I found everything to be very disorganized and I didn't connect with the faculty. I am attending U of A in the fall. Just thought I would add my stats to the collection...

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Accepted! :D

Hamilton Campus (1st choice)

Time stamp: 8:37 AM

OMSAS cGPA: 3.75

VR: 11

EC: I don't think it really matters for McMaster

MMI: Took my time to collect my thoughts even when it ate into my interview time. Felt OK when I left. Felt that I could have done better.

I'm very happy :) Although Queen's was my 1st choice, McMaster was my 2nd and I'm going to accept.

Accepted to Hamilton!! :D

Time stamp: 8:38am

IP

cGPA: 3.48

Verbal: 14

Interview: I thought all stations but 1-2 went really well!! Practiced really hard for this interview and actually had one-two of my mock questions come up as stations.

EDIT: Just declined in favor of Queens. Good luck to the waitlisters!

Accepted to Hamilton!

Timestamp: 8:36 a.m

IP

GPA: 3.68

Interview: Felt great after, and then progressively worse until I was convinced I systematically screwed up with my approach. 1 bad station, 1 iffy station, 2-3 great stations, the rest decent/ambiguous. Guess it went well, though!

Accepted at Waterloo. My first choice!

Timestamp 9:02 AM EST

OOP

GPA: 3.93

VR: 13

Interview: Thought it was pretty good, didn't have any "bad" stations.

So excited and relieved to be in, would be stoked to attend Mac. Waiting on my other schools though because I don't want to move so far from home.

Accepted to Hamilton (1st choice)

Timestamp: 8:36AM Eastern

IP

CGPA: 3.80 + Master's

VR: 12

Non-science background. I have been out of school for quite a while.

Interviews: Most went well. Some went really well. A couple I was ambivalent about.

Will be attending.

Accepted to Hamilton.

Timestamp: 8:39 AM EST

IP

GPA: 3.53

Interview: Thought it went pretty well. Felt very good about a couple of stations and thought a couple went very poorly. Thought the others went decently.

Will most likely be accepting U of T.

Accepted to Niagara Campus!!!

Timestamp: 9:52AM (AST)

cGPA: 3.90 (Undergrad), 4.0 (Masters)

MCAT VR: 11

Extracurriculars: Hospital volunteering, social work/child-life volunteering, varsity athlete, 3 summers of undergrad research + graduate research, multiple national/provincial scholarships, organized a big fundraising event, various competitive/intramural sports teams, TA, ski instructor and other random things

Interview: Thought it was by far my best one! Really enjoyed the whole day!

Still waiting on UofC tomorrow but will most likely be accepting the offer!

Accepted to the Hamilton campus!

Timestamp: 8:39 AM (EST)

IP

cGPA: 3.79 + MASc

MCAT VR: 10

Interview: Got waitlisted for the interview and got a spot pretty early on. Felt badly about 1 or 2 stations, but confident in the remaining ones.

I've been working as a biomedical engineer for the last year and will be accepting the offer to go to Mac.