Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Go to Caribbean..........

Ha! I doubt that even the smaller Caribbean schools would accept such an applicant, and I know for sure that the bigger ones have a 3-year degree admission requirement.

To the child who asked about hopping from high school into med school, I think it's scary that anyone with such little patience would want to treat patients.

Ha! I doubt that even the smaller Caribbean schools would accept such an applicant, and I know for sure that the bigger ones have a 3-year degree admission requirement.

To the child who asked about hopping from high school into med school, I think it's scary that anyone with such little patience would want to treat patients.

so you mean to say all the doctors outside north america dont want to treat patients????

its only in north america where a 3 year degree is a requirement :rolleyes:

so you mean to say all the doctors outside north america dont want to treat patients????

its only in north america where a 3 year degree is a requirement :rolleyes:

No my friend, I'm not saying all the doctors outside north america dont want to treat patients. I have no doubt that there is a huge number of good physicians who have been trained in the Caribbean. Some of the schools like SGU, Ross and SABA have a decent reputation (and they have a 3 year degree as a requirement).

The comment I was making about little patience was directed at the high school person wanting to do some courses over the summer and then jump straight into medical school from high school. Medical schools need some level of under grad requirement. There are no short cuts to success.

• 3 months later...

rejected...

OOP 3.9

11 VR

4th yr

I thought my 5 q's were solid...guess not.

Do you guys being OOP makes it a lot harder? I mean I know only 55ish OOP are interviewed but I thought most of the competition was in Ontario anyways? Really pissed off right now :(

Mediocore marks and presumed poor ABS sunk you.

That verbal was fantastic though. You probably have Queens and UWO, so don't despair.

I've got an interview at Queen's, and I made the UWO cutoffs, so...fingers crossed!

Just out of curiosity - what constitutes a poor ABS?

Are their certain areas that mac values more than others (ie. research vs. volunteering in a hospital vs. whatever)? Or is every individual just evaluated as a whole?

I just received an e-mail invitation for an interview as well - and am super, super surprised.

CGPA 3.5, verbal 12.

Congratulations everyone!

:)

Congratulations on the invite. Your cGPA of 3.5 does provide some hope to those of us who are not straight A students. The introduction of MCAT VR is showing that if your cGPA is on the low side, you can make up for that on the ABS and VR score.

Good luck.

I just received an e-mail invitation for an interview as well - and am super, super surprised.

CGPA 3.5, verbal 12.

Congratulations everyone!

:)

Congratulations on the invite. Your cGPA of 3.5 does provide some hope to those of us who are not straight A students. The introduction of MCAT VR is showing that if your cGPA is on the low side, you can make up for that on the ABS and VR score.

Good luck.

Receiving an interview with those numbers is very surprising, especially as an undergraduate applicant.

Their ABS must have been absolutely outstanding.