Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

You could get an interview with those numbers - I believe we have seen some with VR10 and around that GPA (not 100% sure, you should go back in this thread... I'm too lazy to right now)... regardless, it is definitely right on the edge... your answers for next year will need to be perfected... "shaky answers" with those numbers won't get you a Mac interview... for reference, I got an interview with a VR of 10 (GPA was a bit higher - around 3.91, but not *too* much higher), but I was really confident in my answers... why were your answers shaky? did you not spend much time on them?

I just realized I made a bit of a typo. I hit the 5 instead of 6 in my haste. So my CGPA is actually 3.6 - surprising regardless.

I think my ABS answers were solid, at least I spent a great deal of time on them. (I'm also double majoring in English and Biochem. Not sure if the English part may have helped out a bit).

Coach, thanks for the luck!

:)

Receiving an interview with those numbers is very surprising, especially as an undergraduate applicant.

Their ABS must have been absolutely outstanding.

I just realized I made a bit of a typo. I hit the 5 instead of 6 in my haste. So my CGPA is actually 3.6 - surprising regardless.

True, but significantly more understandable (i.e. GPA=3.6 + VR=12).

I think my ABS answers were solid, at least I spent a great deal of time on them. (I'm also double majoring in English and Biochem. Not sure if the English part may have helped out a bit).

I'm sure your background was helpful in crafting an excellent ABS, and with those numericals you definitely needed an excellent ABS score.

Regardless, congratulations on your interview offer!

Hello Poindextrose,

congratulations! for such a great news and thanks for sharing the news of hope. pls could you give me some tips on writing effective ABS or send me an example to valinebuddy at yahoo dot com. thanks

• 3 weeks later...
You could get an interview with those numbers - I believe we have seen some with VR10 and around that GPA (not 100% sure, you should go back in this thread... I'm too lazy to right now)... regardless, it is definitely right on the edge... your answers for next year will need to be perfected... "shaky answers" with those numbers won't get you a Mac interview... for reference, I got an interview with a VR of 10 (GPA was a bit higher - around 3.91, but not *too* much higher), but I was really confident in my answers... why were your answers shaky? did you not spend much time on them?

I did spend time on them but I feel for some reason that just because of my experiences i couldnt answer them as well.. my success wasnt that big of a success, and failure well i dnt know :S

• 2 months later...

You're welcome. Let us know how things turn out :)

BTW - catching a break (a.k.a. luck) is one thing; it's what you do with that luck that makes the difference.

• 2 weeks later...
True, but significantly more understandable (i.e. GPA=3.6 + VR=12).

I'm sure your background was helpful in crafting an excellent ABS, and with those numericals you definitely needed an excellent ABS score.

Regardless, congratulations on your interview offer!

your underestiming the power of a 12 in VR. Even with a 3.5gpa, it shouldn't be surprising. After its all said and done, i think all the stats will show how much a 12VR can make up for a "subpar" gpa.

Well deserved and congrats!

PS (is there really a need to say "with those numericals you ........" - can you not let a simple "congrats" do the trick? seriously, let people enjoy the day without adding something extra in)

Janny_Jan!!!! CONGRATS!!!! I guess we will be together as blondes as Mac!!! :)

And I am too, unable to join the facebook group!!!!

Yay!!!! Oh this is the best news ever!

Oh..accepted, Hamilton campus!!! I've been wanting to write one of these since 2007! And this forum has been there for me the entire time.

Finishing my masters in a month.

GPA= 3.81

VR= 10

Interview felt ok..but I guess it went better than expected!

Applied to: Mac

Interviewed at: Mac

Accepted to: Mac

Im going to Mac....it just goes to show, you only need one school!

Accepted to the Niagara campus! It was my second choice, but only for geographic reasons (proximity to toronto). I'm thrilled to get to spend the next three years in wine country ;) This was my first time applying and Mac was the only school I got an interview at, and I literally jumped out of my skin yesterday morning!

Woohoo, class of 2013!