Premed 101 Forums

OSAP limit?

Does anyone know how long can you get OSAP for? There was a webinar from UofT and the guy said that you are only eligible for OSAP for 340 weeks. This means that you can't get OSAP if you have been a student for about 7 years. I just want to check that this is true of all universities or just UofT. Please let me know :)

Does anyone know how long can you get OSAP for? There was a webinar from UofT and the guy said that you are only eligible for OSAP for 340 weeks. This means that you can't get OSAP if you have been a student for about 7 years. I just want to check that this is true of all universities or just UofT. Please let me know :)

you would have to be actually recieving osap over that time, not just being a student. You would have to go non stop to school 3 terms a year for 7 years to hit that quota you mentioned (which is extended if you do grad work if I recall). That is a lot of time :)

Thank you so much rmorelan. That definitely gives me some reassurance. The guy was saying that even if you are not actively getting OSAP, you are still on the interest-free period which can count. I will call financial aid to confirm. Thanks again :)

Thank you so much rmorelan. That definitely gives me some reassurance. The guy was saying that even if you are not actively getting OSAP, you are still on the interest-free period which can count. I will call financial aid to confirm. Thanks again :)

Well that isn't what is happening to me :) I am still getting it way past the seven year point by now.

Thank you rmorelan! I called financial aid and they did confirm that the maximum number of weeks you can get osap for is 340. This would only count if you are actively receiving money (i.e. not just on interest-free mode). So, this would total up around 10 years of 2 terms per year. A lot of time! Also, they would not require you make the principle payment as long as you are in school. All good news :)

Archived