Premed 101 Forums

GPA Question

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering what the lowest GPA you have heard of that a person had that still got accepted to med school, maybe as a result of a ton of ECs and volunteering and a great overall CV plus letters of recommendation.

Thanks

Why are you planning on setting a new low?

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering what the lowest GPA you have heard of that a person had that still got accepted to med school, maybe as a result of a ton of ECs and volunteering and a great overall CV plus letters of recommendation.

Thanks

What are your stats?

Hey everyone,

Thanks

If you go on SDN, every once in a while you will see someone posting that they got into a DO school with ~ 2.7-2.9 and ~25 MCAT. Whether this is true or not i dont know, but I dont believe that anyone with similar stats could get into a canadian school.

Not a new low lol. I just don't think my current marks are high enough to be even considered serious. It's cause I wasn't mature enough in my first year and screwed around with all the freedom I had of living away from home. Now I am going into my 4th year with a B/B+ avg (not sure what it is on a 4point scale, cause my school has a 12point scale).

Thanks

Archived