Premed 101 Forums

Access to Windsor Gym and Bus Pass?

I know we get London bus passes with our tuition, but that doesn't do us much good in Windsor - are we able to get a Windsor pass instead? Or perhaps subsidize one accordingly? Also do we get access to the St. Denis center gym?

Windsor students do not get London bus passes. Last year, we didn't get Windsor bus passes either, and because of that, I think our tuition was a bit cheaper. However, I think I heard something that this year we might be getting Windsor bus passes. I'm going to check on that and let you know.

With respect to the St. Denis Centre gym: you will get 2 student cards, a Western card and a UWindsor card (which looks different from other UWindsor student cards and indicates that you are a Schulich med student). You use the UWindsor card to access the St. Denis Centre.

Windsor students do not get London bus passes. Last year, we didn't get Windsor bus passes either, and because of that, I think our tuition was a bit cheaper. However, I think I heard something that this year we might be getting Windsor bus passes. I'm going to check on that and let you know.

With respect to the St. Denis Centre gym: you will get 2 student cards, a Western card and a UWindsor card (which looks different from other UWindsor student cards and indicates that you are a Schulich med student). You use the UWindsor card to access the St. Denis Centre.

Oh wow didn't know that! Thanks!

Thanks for the info. If you hear about the bus pass please let us know!

Amazing! :D Thank you!

Amazing! :D Thank you!

No problem. The cards that you get also give you access to all the important rooms in the Medical Education Building in Windsor and Medical Sciences Building in London, so make sure you always keep them handy.

For the bus pass, I've e-mailed Mike Farquhar, who is the Admissions and Student Affairs contact, and just takes care of the Windsor students in general. I'll let you know what he says. If you have any other questions feel free to ask on here but you can also ask him (mfarquha@uwindsor.ca) - he's one of the nicest people ever and is very helpful. He would also be happy to meet with anyone during the summer to chat or to give you a tour of the Windsor facilities. If you have questions related to a specific area and would like to ask a student in my class, we have created a document in the Windsor 2016 Facebook group that lists the members of our class who are involved in various aspects so feel free to check that out for our contact info.

Congrats again on getting in guys, you're going to love the Windsor program.

I am an undergrad at Windsor. Although we don't have a bus pass from the university, Transit Windsor offers a lower price for bus pass for students than regular adult pass.

And as for the deal about the bus passes that was in negotiation was an extremely bad deal. It did not benefit all students. It planned to take money out of all students pocket to only help those who took the bus. There was no option for an opt-out. And as far as I remember (I could be wrong about this), it was only for undergrad students.

To follow up on my previous post, I have confirmed that Windsor students will not be getting a bus pass this year.

Thank you for asking for us.

I would hate to pay for a bus pass when everyone says its terrible service. For other Windsor meds without a car, how do you guys get around when you are going somewhere that is beyond walking distance? Bike? Car pool? I'm asking because my apartment isn't close to any grocery stores.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

For groceries, in my experience, a bunch of people generally just go together in one person's car. Otherwise if you could swing biking it I'm sure that'd be viable. It snows for like 4 days a year in Windsor (as opposed 8 months non-stop in London) so you get more use out of a bike.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

For groceries, in my experience, a bunch of people generally just go together in one person's car. Otherwise if you could swing biking it I'm sure that'd be viable. It snows for like 4 days a year in Windsor (as opposed 8 months non-stop in London) so you get more use out of a bike.

heeeyyyy - it isn't that bad here in London :)

Archived