Premed 101 Forums

course not mentioned on transcript

sorry for the confusion of situation but how do medical schools treat courses/course taken at another institution but are not coded on your home university transcript e.g. the LOP notation does not appear on home university transcript nor do they have awareness/record of it. Only the school the course was taken at has the record of it.

Is there a way for them to know about the courses taken elsewhere as in does OMSAS track them down? Sorry I'm not familiar with the application process. Also, it was only one course taken elsewhere and my home university transcript shows no mention of it.

Is there a way for them to know about the courses taken elsewhere as in does OMSAS track them down? Sorry I'm not familiar with the application process. Also, it was only one course taken elsewhere and my home university transcript shows no mention of it.
On OMSAS, you have to report all universities you've attended and all courses you've taken at each university. You then have to submit all your transcripts. OMSAS will therefore know about the course you took at another institution.

It doesn't matter whether it was only one course or ten courses, you must submit all transcripts to OMSAS. If you omit it, and they find out, you might have your application voided or, if they found out later after acceptance, your might not only lose your med school spot but might also be blacklisted from applying for several years. Obviously if you really forgot one, and it was a 4.0 grade, it probably won't affect you. But if it's a bad grade or a fail, it would.

People think they could get away with it, but all it would take would be to brag about it one drunken night and for someone to report you for it to be reviewed.

Not worth the risk in my opinion, especially if it's just one course and especially since Mac is pretty much the only university that will include it in your cGPA.

Archived