Premed 101 Forums

And the 1st med student to get kicked out of U of T 2015 is...

What I think is funny is that the Europeans forcibly taking over North America from the Native Americans is seen as unacceptable, but brown people coming to Canada from India and China to take over white people, and Muslims invading Europe is somehow OK.

It's all assimilation folks.

Either way, white people still own more than half of the world.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I think is funny is that the Europeans forcibly taking over North America from the Native Americans is seen as unacceptable, but brown people coming to Canada from India and China to take over white people, and Muslims invading Europe is somehow OK.

Hmmm I never knew brown people lived in China as well.

Hmmm I never knew brown people lived in China as well.

ironically, i was going to find a wikipedia page to just show that XX% of china's population was what might be considered "brown" (as a joke), but couldn't find anything after a couple minutes. moral of the story: looks like you're right! wikipedia even proves it :)

edit: i fear sarcastically responding to your sarcastic comment might cause confusion. i def confused myself for a sec. kidding. whatever.

ironically, i was going to find a wikipedia page to just show that XX% of china's population was what might be considered "brown" (as a joke), but couldn't find anything after a couple minutes. moral of the story: looks like you're right! wikipedia even proves it :)

edit: i fear sarcastically responding to your sarcastic comment might cause confusion. i def confused myself for a sec. kidding. whatever.

hah, maybe try asking SIRI ; )

lol, leverage… just like the staff psychiatrists who did commercials to increase funding to local mental hospital were so effective… u don't need leverage of a title when you're in a different class… there might be 1 or 0 students in each class im talking about

i woluld have done a much better job lobbying for mental hospital, you can't play by rules, you have to remain respectful and within the paradigm of professionalism while just annihilating people with facts that just burn when you think about the human suffering… hundreds of hours at least… more like thousands

btw, does no one care about cancer, those 8 percent of beds schizophrenics take up is a preventable waste… i posted that twice, but **** them… at least refugees have a lobby, right

Why? Because he actually has leverage. He is a staff physician who treats refugees. And automatically gives his statement power by introducing himself as a physician. The med student, while having an argument, would be trivialized once they asked her, "Are you a doctor?" She can continue and support the message. She wouldn't really have any legs to stand on if she were introducing the argument. Thus - staff first, message supported by student.

it's common sense. no justification necessary.

I must tell you, your common sense isn't quite common and seems quite baseless. Seriously, how can you generalize countries based on a one factor. China and India are two very different countries having different ideologies and political system.

And then you take offence when someone says Canada is USA? :D

the mentally ill are all stupid… and we should ignore cheap community solutions which prevent huge health care costs… cause theyre so annoying… that a cancer patient or two should die just because we want them in 10 percent of our beds… cancer patients all smoke anyways...

I must tell you, your common sense isn't quite common and seems quite baseless. Seriously, how can you generalize countries based on a one factor. China and India are two very different countries having different ideologies and political system.

And then you take offence when someone says Canada is USA? :D

I actually meant Indians were coming from India and Chinese people were coming from China. Just to clarify.

the mentally ill are all stupid… and we should ignore cheap community solutions which prevent huge health care costs… cause theyre so annoying… that a cancer patient or two should die just because we want them in 10 percent of our beds… cancer patients all smoke anyways...

exactly. i second all of those.

Payback for the british "raj"...from the brown people anyway.

Last time I checked, the brown people aren't forcing the white people to be their "b*tches" while they (the brown folk) enjoy the lap of luxury and stripping the so-called "white people's land" of its riches to ship it back to India.

If given the choice between shaving off 20 million in providing healthcare to refugees or from the 20+ billion military budget, I know where I'd make a few cuts.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2012/07/05/pol-refugee-health.html

Tories accused of flip-flopping on refugee health policy

By Kathleen Harris, CBC News Last Updated: Jul 5, 2012 9:05 PM ET

A notice of looming cuts to health services for refugees was mailed to more than 104,000 beneficiaries — including about 14,000 the federal government now says won't be stripped of their supplementary medical services — and opposition MPs say it shows the government has flip-flopped on a contentious policy change.

The notice from Citizenship and Immigration Canada, obtained by CBC's Power & Politics with Evan Solomon, was sent out to about 70,000 households in May. It was part of a package of documents released under the Access to Information Act from the Immigration and Refugee Board that also included emails and other correspondence on the potential impact of changes.

"The Interim Federal Health Plan has been reformed. As of June 30, 2012, benefits will be reduced for all current and future beneficiaries," the notice reads.

It goes on to say that "prescription drug benefits are being reduced for all beneficiaries," and that "vision care, dental care, devices to assist mobility, home care and long-term care will no longer be covered."

But now, Citizenship and Immigration Minister Jason Kenney says government-sponsored refugees will be eligible for the full range of supplemental health benefits — raising questions about whether the government back-tracked on a policy that was lambasted by physicians across the country.

The government's website was amended late last week, but Kenney insisted the government was not reversing its policy, only clarifying it. He said it was always the government's intention to provide supplemental coverage to government-assisted refugees, and that reforms are primarily designed to target "bogus" refugee claimants.

On Power & Politics Thursday, Kenney's parliamentary secretary Rick Dykstra also denied the government is back-tracking.

"Absolutely not. It's a clarification," he told Solomon. "This was always intended to ensure that those who were sanctioned refugees from the UN, who came to this country as government-sponsored refugees, would indeed have interim health benefits. We now have clarified that."

'Demonizing refugees'

But NDP MP and finance critic Peggy Nash accused the government of making up policy on the fly that will have a serious impact on human lives.

"You're saying there are good refugees and bad refugees. And we don't know until they go through the process," she said. "You're demonizing people who are coming here seeking refugee status."

Liberal immigration critic Kevin Lamoureux said the minister has flip-flopped, but his changes don't go far enough.

Doctors have been protesting the reforms since they were announced in April — some of them interrupting press conferences by cabinet ministers on different topics. Amnesty International Canada also said last month that Canada may be in breach of international legal obligations by denying refugees health benefits.

"Failure to ensure proper and adequate treatment for these health needs at an early stage contravenes human rights requirements and may also give rise to greater public health demands at a later stage," the human rights watchdog warned.

The IFHP provided basic health coverage and the supplemental health benefits which included drugs, dentistry, vision care and mobility devices. The government said it was ending supplemental benefits so coverage was not more generous than what most Canadians receive through provincial health insurance.

Reforms are expected to save about $20 million annually. The cost of supplemental benefits to government-assisted refugees is about $2 million a year, according to Kenney's office.

Archived