Premed 101 Forums

Worried... help?

CarpeDiem:)

My test is on August 4th and I'll be done studying by the end of next week... and for the 3.5 weeks I'll have left, I'm planning to review and do full-length tests/passages each day. Any suggestions on what else I can do at this point to be better prepared?

The hardest part for me is the timing - reading the passages, deciphering them and being able to make the connections fast enough. I heard that the prep courses teach you strategies and tricks to improve timing, but they were too expensive for me... and while I realize that timing improves with practice, I still can't help feeling like I'm missing out on something... any words from someone who has been through this?

I guess I'm freaking out cause my GPA hasn't been 3.9 across the line, so the MCAT scores have to be really good :(

same thing happened to me… i think i was aug 5… serious… solution, move test to sept 12… more time, no repeat :)

My test is on August 4th and I'll be done studying by the end of next week... and for the 3.5 weeks I'll have left, I'm planning to review and do full-length tests/passages each day. Any suggestions on what else I can do at this point to be better prepared?

The hardest part for me is the timing - reading the passages, deciphering them and being able to make the connections fast enough. I heard that the prep courses teach you strategies and tricks to improve timing, but they were too expensive for me... and while I realize that timing improves with practice, I still can't help feeling like I'm missing out on something... any words from someone who has been through this?

I guess I'm freaking out cause my GPA hasn't been 3.9 across the line, so the MCAT scores have to be really good :(

Archived