Premed 101 Forums

What would you do?

AC360

If you have a dog who you love and care about who does not have any medical problems, would you go to a university farther away with a good program or one closer home with a slightly weaker program? I doubt taking my dog with me is an option.

I just feel like i'm being a bit selfish if i choose to go away and leave my dog home where he will be alone for a good part of the day. I will not be staying home regardless of where i go, but i have the opportunity to see him at least every week or 2. At the farther school i would only be coming home about every 3-4 weeks at the most.

So what would you do in my position?

I assume there is no good option in your city. I would find him a loving home and see him when I can. Obviously, someone else will be caring for your dog on a fulltime basis in either situation. You dog needs the best care possible with a loving person or family. This is a priority. Then, you need the best academic opporftunity possible.

awww....

that's the most heartfelt worry I have encountered in this forum...

You know what's best.

Your dog wants what is best for you, as long as You are Happy.

:)

If I were a dog, I would want my best friend to make the decision that makes him/her happy.

Archived