Premed 101 Forums

Medgames 2013

Some one over here was saying it was Jan 4-6 so that forces me to ask how sure are we it is the following weekend? It would be make more sense to me if it was Jan 11-13 but we are about to make some serious decisions based on the date and I cannot find anything officially posted to help me pin it down :)

Don't worry you're not missing much ;)

I'm pretty sad actually... I haven't raced in the pool in over 2 years now and was really looking forward to that :/

Some one over here was saying it was Jan 4-6 so that forces me to ask how sure are we it is the following weekend? It would be make more sense to me if it was Jan 11-13 but we are about to make some serious decisions based on the date and I cannot find anything officially posted to help me pin it down :)

I heard 11-13 as well but maybe I'm wrong.

@Capucine: of course I'll be there seeing as it's at home!

According to our calendar (made by the faculty) it is jan 11-13.

Someone told me that it won't be Jan 4-6 because it is too soon after the new year and some may still have parties with their family.

Well that makes sense - the Jan 11-13 weekend is just prior to final exams here at western for the fall term. The concern basically at least 1/2 of the classes won't be able to go. Not that it is going to change but if someone could PM me an organizer that would be great!

Yeah I don't think that the dates can be changed... It's unfortunate for us too because the premeds (med 2017) may also have exams the week after the medgames because of the student strike...

There are consquences that come with a strike. Like they say, you can't have the cake and eat it as well. It's too bad that some people like you are penalized though. However you're not missing much, the medgames are very very overrated.

Archived