Premed 101 Forums

Anyone else accepted to UCC (university college cork)?

Just received a letter of acceptance after a late application. Wondering if any other north Americans are attending in sept 2012 and if they know any people who have successfully matched back to Canada for residency from Ireland. I am interested in doing a residency in rural family medicine, in either Ontario, BC, Newfoundland, or Nova Scotia.

Well looks like we are on the same boat. I just got the acceptance letter from UCC too and have been researching online for a while. It seems like the chance of getting a Canadian residency spot is slim but not impossible, and "maybe" better chance than people who go to Caribbean schools. I am not sure. Anyone else can help?

Well looks like we are on the same boat. I just got the acceptance letter from UCC too and have been researching online for a while. It seems like the chance of getting a Canadian residency spot is slim but not impossible, and "maybe" better chance than people who go to Caribbean schools. I am not sure. Anyone else can help?

I think the chances of getting into a Canadian residency are equal no matter where you go, but there's probably a slight edge by attending a commonwealth school.

On the flip side a Carib grad has a better chance at matching in the US, so they have a reasonable backup option. Can you do a residency in Ireland if Canada doesnt work out?

Archived