Premed 101 Forums

Last Enrollment Date - HELP!

I have been cursed once again with the last enrollment date.

I wanted to take Anatomy 3319, but it's almost full. I have come up with a few alternatives and I'd really like some feedback.

I read that Histology is interesting and not that difficult, but I haven't found much on the lab exams. Are the lab exams difficult to do well in?

My other option is to take biophysics 3503 and biochem 3386. Has anyone taken the biophysics course?

For reference, I'm in honors spec. physiology so I'll be taking phys 3140A, phys 3120 and phys 3130Y. Also, I'm hoping to take classics 2300, social psych 2070A and pharm 2060B (online course).

Thanks!

I have been cursed once again with the last enrollment date.

I wanted to take Anatomy 3319, but it's almost full. I have come up with a few alternatives and I'd really like some feedback.

I read that Histology is interesting and not that difficult, but I haven't found much on the lab exams. Are the lab exams difficult to do well in?

My other option is to take biophysics 3503 and biochem 3386. Has anyone taken the biophysics course?

For reference, I'm in honors spec. physiology so I'll be taking phys 3140A, phys 3120 and phys 3130Y. Also, I'm hoping to take classics 2300, social psych 2070A and pharm 2060B (online course).

Thanks!

i took classics 2300 in 2ed year and it was the highest mark i got in my entire undergraduate career. It was a great course, fun and interesting with fair evaluations. I took it with Dr. Olson but i think Lamari teaches it now, hes very nice as well and i cant imagine the material changing that much. Maybe look up Lamari's course and teacher evaluations to get an idea of him

I took histology last year and despite hearing that it was a bit harder than anatomy I ended up getting the same mark and enjoying it way more. The lab exams are difficult if you don't study. There are in lab quizzes that happen every 3rd or 4th week. A lot of people in my class studied for hours but honestly if you study the pictures in your lab notes and the textbook the quizzes are really easy. I had an hour break right before the lab so I studied then an either got perfect or close to. There's a lab practical in both December and April that covered everything for that semester. Before each the TA running the lab had a review session that was extremely helpful. He set it up like a mock practical with 50 pictures he would have the class identify then he explain why it was what it was. The things he made us identify were some of the same ones as on the actual practical so it was really helpful when determining what to study. I actually got high 90s on both practicals and thought they were easier than the December and April finals for the in class material. Hope this helps!:)

Archived