Premed 101 Forums

Immunizations TB-Test

Hello Everyone,

Apologies if this was asked previously.

I noticed for the immunizations form it states "I have documentation of a two step Tb skin test performed within 12 months prior to the start of medical school".

At the hospital I work at they took a 2-step Tb test at the start of my placement 2 years ago, however they have only been doing 1-step tests annually to confirm that I am negative.

Would copies of my past 2-step and my up to date 1-step tb tests be enough? Or should I request that occupational health gives me a 2-step tb test again?

Thanks!

Hello Everyone,

Apologies if this was asked previously.

I noticed for the immunizations form it states "I have documentation of a two step Tb skin test performed within 12 months prior to the start of medical school".

At the hospital I work at they took a 2-step Tb test at the start of my placement 2 years ago, however they have only been doing 1-step tests annually to confirm that I am negative.

Would copies of my past 2-step and my up to date 1-step tb tests be enough? Or should I request that occupational health gives me a 2-step tb test again?

Thanks!

Good question. You'd be best off asking the admissions office.

I was under the impression that you needed a new 2 step, which is what I would have done but I ended up getting a quantiferon instead so I can't provide a definitive answer. Best to call and make sure, though having to have another two step isn't the end of the world.

Archived