Premed 101 Forums

If you CHANGE your location place (not cancel), do you lose the $150?

Sigg

^

So I'm registered to write it on the 26th in an undesirable location. I just found a more desirable but not ideal location open up, but if I change it, do I lose the $150?

Because then if my ideal location opens up, I would lose another $150 to change to that location.

So should I risk it and not change and hope my ideal location opens up, or settle for this location? This all depends on whether I would lose the $150 or not. AHH MCAT REGISTRATION PROBLEMS.

Anyone know?? Thanks in advance : )

I'm not sure what the $150 is ... if I'm reading this right it looks like it's $240 to register?? Either way, looks like there is a $70 fee to change locations. https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/reserving/85518/reserving_fees.html

Only you can decide if it's worth it, but if your current test center is far away or you have heard bad things about it I would switch.

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Yeah I went ahead with it and found out about the 70$ fee associated with changing the exam - whether it's changing the date/time OR location. I decided to go ahead and change it.

The $150 I was referring to was if you decide to cancel (give up your spot) prior to two weeks before your test day. If you do, you lose $150 of the $240 you initially paid to register (I believe).

Archived