Premed 101 Forums

DAT rewriting

Well there is a very slight disadvantage especially in the States, probably not as much in Canada. Harvard actually says that if you've taken it 3 or more times then you should reconsider dentistry as a career choice, and I think other schools also have similar feelings about people who've written it more than 3 times. The thing is, the Canadian DAT has your name and tests associated with your DAT ID, so I think schools are allowed to check your record, but they usually ask us to send it to them instead. Not sure if the American schools can access your previous DAT either, but if they had any reason to I think they're allowed.

And yes it is ok to apply to both, but schools like McGill will know.

Well there is a very slight disadvantage especially in the States, probably not as much in Canada. Harvard actually says that if you've taken it 3 or more times then you should reconsider dentistry as a career choice, and I think other schools also have similar feelings about people who've written it more than 3 times. The thing is, the Canadian DAT has your name and tests associated with your DAT ID, so I think schools are allowed to check your record, but they usually ask us to send it to them instead. Not sure if the American schools can access your previous DAT either, but if they had any reason to I think they're allowed.

And yes it is ok to apply to both, but schools like McGill will know.

Haha yeah McGill dentistry will want an answer to why you've also applied to medicine? :D

Archived