Premed 101 Forums

course registration

Hello, it's me again lol, I was wondering if you guys can help me because it looks like the academic advisor has sworn not to reply back to my email. Anyways, so I am thinking of doing the BMSC common core courses during my first year. However, as I have done A Levels, I am receiving quite a lot of credits. According to the admissions people, I will receive credit for Physics 115.3 and 117.3, Chem 112.3 and 115.3, Sociology 111.3 and 112.3 and 6 credits for junior level Biology (I think I should get credit for Biol 120.3 and 121.3 though). The problem is that I didn't have Math in A Level but I need to take Math 125.3 and some stats/calculus courses. Can someone design like a good course selection for me? :confused:

Thank you sooo much.

Can someone design like a good course selection for me? :confused:

Thank you sooo much.

Lets make a few assumptions:

1) Given you are an international student, you're probably filthy rich

2) Given you asked for someone to 'design' rather than 'help,' I would say you are a very demanding individual (and cannot work individually)

So, I propose that for a small fee I would be inclined to make your course selection for you. Given you are a 'stud,' I'll even give you all of my notes as a bonus.

Unfortunately, most students that get accepted into medicine have taken Math 125. Almost NO ONE gets in without it, so you are in a pinch my friend.

Lets make a few assumptions:

1) Given you are an international student, you're probably filthy rich

2) Given you asked for someone to 'design' rather than 'help,' I would say you are a very demanding individual (and cannot work individually)

So, I propose that for a small fee I would be inclined to make your course selection for you. Given you are a 'stud,' I'll even give you all of my notes as a bonus.

Unfortunately, most students that get accepted into medicine have taken Math 125. Almost NO ONE gets in without it, so you are in a pinch my friend.

umm, that was a bit harsh but thanks for your help anyways. I can refute each and every one of your 'assumptions' but I don't think that's gonna land us anywhere. And I meant help, English isn't my native language so you really can't hold it against me, I'm sorry if I came across as rude or demanding, that wasn't my intention.

let's make another assumption: If I would have made an account under a different username and acted as if I was a White Canadian than I would have gotten better replies.

P.S: stud? really? well you aren't exactly James Bond too.

umm, that was a bit harsh but thanks for your help anyways. I can refute each and every one of your 'assumptions' but I don't think that's gonna land us anywhere. And I meant help, English isn't my native language so you really can't hold it against me, I'm sorry if I came across as rude or demanding, that wasn't my intention.

let's make another assumption: If I would have made an account under a different username and acted as if I was a White Canadian than I would have gotten better replies.

P.S: stud? really? well you aren't exactly James Bond too.

1) It seems your English is perfectly fine, but as you said; you came out demanding.

2) I'm not a racist; no matter who you are... you'll never escape my trolling... Oh btw, shame on you for making such an accusation! (Canada is filled with a variety of cultures; theres no such thing as "White Canadian")

3) "...you aren't James Bond too" - Man you haven't seen me pick the ladies up... have you...

Take non-subjective 1st level courses and some of the medicine prerequisites. In every course (non-language/arts) out of like 300 people, someone is getting 95+ and a dozen or more 90+. Dont take maths if your arent good at them.

/thread

Yeah follow Simpsons, hes pretty reliable... but jokes aside, don't need math unless you have to get your degree... since you don't have a pre-req to take Math 125... you could try upgrading classes, by taking some classes in Saskatchewan... Once you have your pre-req take Math 125 (if you plan on getting a degree) If you think you'll get into med after 2 or 3 years... then F##K math

Hello, it's me again lol, I was wondering if you guys can help me because it looks like the academic advisor has sworn not to reply back to my email. Anyways, so I am thinking of doing the BMSC common core courses during my first year. However, as I have done A Levels, I am receiving quite a lot of credits. According to the admissions people, I will receive credit for Physics 115.3 and 117.3, Chem 112.3 and 115.3, Sociology 111.3 and 112.3 and 6 credits for junior level Biology (I think I should get credit for Biol 120.3 and 121.3 though). The problem is that I didn't have Math in A Level but I need to take Math 125.3 and some stats/calculus courses. Can someone design like a good course selection for me? :confused:

Thank you sooo much.

Have you decided which major are you planning choose? The course selection will highly depend on your major, and since you have received so many transfer credits, you will likely be taking second-level courses unless you don't have the necessary prerequisites.

I would say don't worry about Math yet, as you can always take it later when you are ready to do so.

Archived