Premed 101 Forums

No work experience- is it OK?

Hello all, i am doing my masters in rehab right now. I do not have any work expereince whatsoever. Even though I plan to apply for admissions in 2014 i was wondering if i dont have any work experience, will it affect my chances of getting in???

Please help!:confused:

Judging from your posts so far, it seems like you don't know much about applying to medicine in Canada. And that's a good reason to be here. One thing that might be more helpful than asking a few random questions is to use the "search" function on this forum and spend a few hours reading relevant posts first.

Schools in Canada all have different admissions requirements. Most schools look at more than just academics and the MCAT. Usually, this involves looking at the personal experience a person has had. This experience can be through work, research, volunteering, or lots of other things.

No school will disqualify you for having no work experience. But they won't look at you very highly if you don't have much evidence of your learning or experience outside of school. You usually need to have a lot more than just going to school or going to work.

Archived