Premed 101 Forums

OSAP amount

marcel

I hope I can just ask this here

I'm applying for an LOC, just in hopes that I can start the process and have it approved quicker if I am accepted. UofC starts earlier than the other schools.

I don't know what amount to estimate for govt student loans. A don't even know which province/territory I'll be applying through, but I expect BC.

How much can I expect? Is $10000/year a reasonable but low amount? I don't have any assets.

as you say really variable, it won't matter with respect to your LOC amount, but that estimate is probably pretty reasonable.

I hope I can just ask this here

I'm applying for an LOC, just in hopes that I can start the process and have it approved quicker if I am accepted. UofC starts earlier than the other schools.

I don't know what amount to estimate for govt student loans. A don't even know which province/territory I'll be applying through, but I expect BC.

How much can I expect? Is $10000/year a reasonable but low amount? I don't have any assets.

don't they ask you for a letter of admission before starting the LOC process?

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this has been asked before. I know it has but I haven't figured it out yet and hope to get some clarification.

I tried out the OSAP estimator and the estimate is around 10500. The estimated in year federal grants is about $2300. At the bottom it states OSOG is about $900. As a result, I will be owing $7300 to OSAP after first year. I think I am clear with that estimate.

My question is pertaining to the additional $4500 bursary for full-time students admitted for the first time (in this case it is UofOttawa Meds). Is this $4500 completely independent from the OSAP/grant/OSOG portion? :) In other words, it doesn't matter how much I get from OSAP, as long as I get even a little OSAP, I can also get the $4500 bursary?

Thanks!

Sorry if this has been asked before. I know it has but I haven't figured it out yet and hope to get some clarification.

I tried out the OSAP estimator and the estimate is around 10500. The estimated in year federal grants is about $2300. At the bottom it states OSOG is about $900. As a result, I will be owing $7300 to OSAP after first year. I think I am clear with that estimate.

My question is pertaining to the additional $4500 bursary for full-time students admitted for the first time (in this case it is UofOttawa Meds). Is this $4500 completely independent from the OSAP/grant/OSOG portion? :) In other words, it doesn't matter how much I get from OSAP, as long as I get even a little OSAP, I can also get the $4500 bursary?

Thanks!

Yes 10 char

Archived