Premed 101 Forums

hi,

i had a recent publication get accepted, is there anyway to post this onto my application seeoing as how the deadline for activiites was june 1?

has anyone had experience with this?

thanks

hey, i havent been in this position but IF you submitted the pub before June 1, i think you should include the pub since you did the research before the deadline... the fact that it got accepted was not relevant to when you did the activity, you are fortunate to have received acceptance before the final application deadline.

damn, it seems to arbitrary but you might be right. I was super lucky last year and got acceptance on my paper a couple weeks before June 1st.

You could still include everything about the research in your research section (because you submitted before the deadline, so the work was done before june 1st) then just add a note in your description of when you became published.

note quite as good as having something in the pubs section...

Put it under excellence in a field of human endeavour. You can talk about how it was submitted prior to June 1st, then just slip in that it has been accepted.

It won't hurt you. If it's not allowed it just won't add to your score. If you've got the space, put it in there.

Sorry, how should i do that? I'm not really following.

Archived