Premed 101 Forums

Formal education/ Extracurricular activities

Hello,

I had some questions about what to include in the sketch.

1) I was co-president for a year where I did a lot of things. I have only 100 characters to describe everything. Can I list some of the bigger events etc separately? or do I have to keep it all together under one heading?

2) I was reading the forum and I saw that if you took language lessons etc you should include this in your sketch. I never took language lessons but I'm fluent in two languages (other than English), should I mention this? If yes, then where would I include it?

3) I took piano lessons but I've been out of contact with my piano teacher for 4 years. She is also pretty old (85+) and I don't think should would remember me mainly because she could barely remember me while I was taking lessons with her (great teacher though). So who else could I use as a verifier?

4) Lastly, are there any schools that do not take into consideration your high school extra-curricular activities?

Thanks in advance :)

Hello,

I had some questions about what to include in the sketch.

1) I was co-president for a year where I did a lot of things. I have only 100 characters to describe everything. Can I list some of the bigger events etc separately? or do I have to keep it all together under one heading?

If all these activities were in capacity as co-president, then just one entry. Show your draft to Tesla by PM and she will help. :)

2) I was reading the forum and I saw that if you took language lessons etc you should include this in your sketch. I never took language lessons but I'm fluent in two languages (other than English), should I mention this? If yes, then where would I include it?

Yes, you mention it. I forget the format, under "other". :confused:

3) I took piano lessons but I've been out of contact with my piano teacher for 4 years. She is also pretty old (85+) and I don't think should would remember me mainly because she could barely remember me while I was taking lessons with her (great teacher though). So who else could I use as a verifier?

A parent or another musician.

4) Lastly, are there any schools that do not take into consideration your high school extra-curricular activities?

Thanks in advance :)

Anything from age 16. However, I did some important volunteering from ages 12thru 14 that changed and directed my life that led to medicine and I included it.

As well, I included activities started as a child in which I was still involved where I developed expertise and achievements, including many traits sought for physicians and I included these too.

Archived